Chapter 6: Blue Bear

"Well, how was Riley?" Barrett asked as we sat down at the family-owned burger restaurant. Evie sat in a seat next to me, her nose scrunched while she looked at the menu that consisted of burgers, burgers, and a chicken sandwich.

"Good," Ethan answered as he unfolded his napkin. "Charlotte and I got married–"

"What?!"

"You didn't tell me!" Evie snapped her eyes up at looked straight at me.

I groaned inwardly then shrugged innocently. "It was really more a legal thing, please don't take it personally."

"But I love weddings," she said, her voice soft and sad.

Ethan sighed and slipped an arm around my shoulders. I looked back at Evie with a soft smile. "Sorry?"

She shook her head then looked at Barrett who gave her a pointed look. "We've already done it twice, we're not doing that again love."

"You've been married twice?" Ethan asked.

Barrett rolled his eyes. "Yes, and we're not doing it again."

"All of you are assholes," Evie hissed out.

"I couldn't agree more," Bernard said.

"Levi is going to kill you," Barrett said.

Ethan nodded. "Probably."

"Oh please," Evie said. "Didn't he and Eve elope?"

"What?" my brows raised while Barrett rolled his eyes.

"Yes, Derek told me. Apparently, Emmett hated Levi at first and wouldn't let him take Eve with him for a while when they found out they were mates. Apparently, Lander and Chris helped sneak her out, they ran to Seattle, got married and mated, then came back."

"Oh my God," I laughed out. "Why am I not surprised?"

Barrett shrugged. "I remember seeing Luca around then. God, he was pissed, but really he was more amused than anything, especially when Levi almost killed Emmett over it."

"Hold on what?" I asked.

Barrett nodded. "Apparently, according to Derek, Emmett marched a group of warriors to come get Eve. Luca told Levi that it was his mess and that he needed to handle it, so he did. Well, he and Lander apparently did. Levi almost killed Emmett until Chris pulled him off–needless to say, Eve did not have to go back home with her father."

"That's amazing," I breathed out.

Ethan nodded right as the waiter came with our drinks. "Everyone know what you want to order?"

We all nodded as the waiter pulled out a pad. "You mam?" he asked Evie.

"Can I get the double cheeseburger with extra cheese, pickles, bacon, and a side of waffle fries? Oh and don't forget the secret sauce stuff," she said while handing him her menu.