Chapter 65: Real Damn Glad

"Sweet thing we are totally getting this for our kid," Jaxon said as he held up an onsie that looked like a shark. The hood of the onesie was like the shark's mouth with little teeth around the edge so it looked like the shark was eating the baby.

Andrea eyed it and nodded with an excited smile to him. "I do like that. Can we get the t-rex one too?"

'There's a t-rex one?" Jaxon rushed out, his eyes wide like a kid in a candy store. Really we were just in Babies-R-Us shopping, but for Jaxon, it was like a playground. He insisted on getting things for their male, but Andrea was not too keen on letting him, not until they had an ultrasound at least.

"So," my mother said. "Can I tell your father?" she asked while I turned a corner with her as Jaxon drug Lyanna and Andrea around the store.

"No," I replied with a smile. "I want to surprise him and Levi. It would be a good Christmas surprise. I think Lyanna wants to surprise Lander and Claire too."

"I'm going to be a grandma," my mother sighed out. "What should we have it call me?" she asked while we looked at little yellow onesies that had my beast smiling like a damn sap–we were a damn sap now.

"What do you want them to call you?" I asked as we turned around corner full of strollers that more or less looked like they could also be transformers.

"Hmmm," she hummed. "Well, I could be just, grandma?"

"You're not just grandma mom, you need a hip grandma name," I replied as we turned another corner and walked down an aisle full of things that made my lips break into a grin. "Oh my God, we need all of this!"

My mom almost squealed. She reached for a mug that said, 'Pawpaw Bear' while the other mug said, 'Nana Bear.' "Sweetheart, we have to get these."

"Do you want to be Nana then?" I asked as I eyed the other grandparent themed things in the section we were in.

My mother shook her head then reached for a mug with gold lettering on it that said, 'Mimi.' "I think I'm a Mimi."

"What about the other mugs?" I asked with a smile as my beast just rolled in the happiness that we were in.

"Levi and Eve of course. I think Nana fits Eve," she said as she put the mugs in our cart along with some other baby things she had gotten. I eyed her, a little surprised by what she said. She just sighed as she picked up the cup that matched her's, it said 'Grandpa,' in gold lettering as well. "Sweetheart, Levi is just as much a parent to you as we have been. That man saved your life and taught you how to live again. I don't think your father and I will ever be able to thank him enough. Besides, I personally would be disappointed if he and Eve weren't official grandparents, your father and Levi get along too well at times."

"You mean they drive you an Eve up the wall," I laughed out as my heart swelled. I let out a long sigh as my mother pushed some hair behind my ear. "Ok Mimi, let's shop."

She grinned then walked with me while we piled the cart with other things. I got Levi a long sleeve shirt that said, 'Professional Pawpaw," a shirt that said, 'Bad Ass Nana' on the pocket for Eve, a big picture made of lots of smaller ones for them that they could fill with pictures, and I got them a baby bag for when Ethan and I needed to let the baby have some 'grandparent time'.

My mother loved every minute of it. We got my father a long sleeve shirt that read, 'Grandpa is King of This Castle,' which my mother got a huge kick out of. We also got her some little odds and ends like pictures frames and we got my father a box of diapers for when the baby went to visit them up in the mountains.

I didn't want to buy too many things for the baby yet, mostly because I had no idea what it was and I wanted to wait; but my mother didn't care, she got little socks, hates, a few onesies, and a blue teddy bear for the baby.