Chapter 61: Marching In

"You ready baby girl?"

I nodded as I let my dad slip a necklace, leather with a black rock hanging from it, around my neck. It was amazing what fresh unused rocks could do–these sucked up our entire smell. Just one rock.

"Are we marching now?"

"I was thinking, since we have time, that we should check on the lines?" my father replied with a sly smile.

My mother kissed his cheek while Micah chuckled. "Go, I'll meet you at our line."

I smoothed out the shirt Ethan brought me. The feeling of my tights over the pants Dagny enchanted feeling a little odd, but otherwise, my beast and I were ready. Eve trotted to me with a smile. "Ready?"

"Yup," I replied as I eyed Cora. "We'll see you with Jake soon."

"See you soon," Cora replied with a smile and mock salute.

My dad pulled us both to him with my mother on the other side of him. "Just hold on," he said before he threw a large handful of dust down, pulling us through the air towards the smell of smoke and blood.

We landed hard on the ground, next to a line of warriors who all eyed us curiously. Looking up, I jumped up with Eve and looked around to see David running to us. "The hell you all doing?"

My father brushed off the dirt from his pants that Dagny had enchanted. "Well, we thought it would be absurd for you to have all the fun."

David chuckled and eyed the smaller group of Tikanni warriors that he had with him with the other Master's of Arms from the other packs gathered around way behind the tree line and behind a four-foot wall of stacked black rocks.

The Tikanni warriors eyed me and Eve, their mouths dropping before smiles erupted on their faces and their heads dipped. Eve trotted to them and hugged some of them that looked like they were about to fall over in shock.

I smirked, there was no way in hell anyone would smell us over that wall of rocks. "Well, you're right on time. We're about to head in," David said as he trotted to us.

"Do they know?" my mother asked.

David wiggled his head back and forth. "I think they suspect, there's been some movement of warriors, but it's to be expected."

"There's no way they know with that wall, how did you do that?" Eve asked, an impressed smile on her face.

David nodded and eyed our men. "Carefully."

My father looked through the thick trees towards the plains that rolled down in soft hills towards the packs–Joe and Lawrence's packs. The all made a nice line next to each other, with Donald on the far end and Corey and Victor's packs, smaller in size, right behind them. "The other's ready too?"

"Yes," David said with a nod. "I have them coming in from the south so we'll sandwich the packs in."

"David we need to move if we're going to be on time," a warrior called out, shirtless with some mud smelling of ash smeared on his chest.

David nodded and looked to my father. "Well King, we'll follow you. Let's burn it down."

My father smiled and pulled off his shirt while David did the same, my mother falling to his right while I stepped to her right as David took my father's left. Eve cracked her neck to me, smiling deviously as she flickered her hazel eyes to me. "I've been dreaming of this day."

"Me too Eve, Levi's going to be jealous," I said with a devious grin.

She chuckled and nodded. "Levi will have plenty of fun later, he can hold his shit for a while."