Chapter 25: No, It's Vodka

"How are you?" Andrea asked while I poured some coffee.

I turned and leaned against the kitchen counter in our packhouse. "It doesn't feel real Andrea."

She sighed and pulled some Coffeemate out of the refrigerator then walked over to me, rubbing her cheek against mine before she handed me the container in her hand. "I know, but it is."

"Sweet thing!" Jaxon called out as he walked around the hall and over to us with Deryl and Angeline in tow. "Is that coffee?"

Andrea rolled her eyes. "No, it's vodka!"

Jaxon gave her a mock pout while Angeline rushed to me. "Oh, Charlotte I am so sorry."

"Thank you," I said while rubbing my cheek against her's.

Deryl walked to me and gave me a light hug. "We'll figure it out, or we'll just beat the hell out of them. Either way is fine with me."

"Me too," Jaxon replied while he poured a cup of coffee for himself.

"Babe, we're ready. You coming?"

"Ya, on my way," I replied back before I looked up at everyone in the kitchen. "Ethan said we're about ready, I'll see you all in there."

Angeline rubbed my cheek again. "We're going to get some coffee, we'll be there in a bit."

"Alright," I breathed back before I started to walk down the hall.

I sighed while some gammas and omegas nodded respectfully to me as they carried about on their daily business. We were hosting a meeting today. A few days after Becker arrived, we moved as quickly as we could to rally our immediate allies together. We needed to get on the same page and get a game plan; we were all heartbroken, but the thing about war was that it did not end just because you were sad. It ended when you ended it, heartbreak or not.

Ethan was talking with Bernard and Derek at the bottom of the stairs. His skin twitched as I walked in. I stopped at the top of the stairs and smoothed out my black dress; a long sleeve cotton t-shirt dress paired with brown booties that Derek insisted that I wear.

Derek smiled at me from the floor and gave me a wink before he turned to talk to Ethan and Bernard. Bernard who was per usual, dressed in all black.

He looked up at me and gave me a tired smile while Ajax and Aiden talked with Levi, Lander, and David. Lucas was standing with Evan and Lyanna, holding Penelope who seemed to be playfully bickering with Evan.

I started to walk down the stairs, waving at Elliot and Wynona as I descended the stairs. Ethan broke from his conversation and crossed the room to meet me. He kissed me a little more than chastely and hugged me to him. "Are you alright sunshine?"

"None of us are Ethan," I replied honestly. "We need to get to work."

He sighed then nodded to me. "Alright," he said before looking back where Jaxon was walking in with Andrea, Deryl, and Angeline behind him. "Ok! Let's get going!" he called out.

Bernard walked over to where Dagny was sitting in the front with Alice in her hands. Her blonde hair with pink ombre ends in long waves down her back. She adjusted her black skirt that she had a high necked white lace blouse, a victorian essence to it, before she kissed Alice's furry little head.

"Morning little wolf," Bernard greeted.

"Hello Bernard," I breathed out while people started to take their seats.

He sighed and looked up where Dominic was walking in with Becker, Ryder, and Remi. "I am truly sorry that you've had to endure all this little wolf."

"It's happened for a reason."