Chapter 11: New York

I woke up to see full lips surrounded by dark stubble on a face that made me think that this is what heaven was–heaven was waking up next to him.

My hands reached out to touch him; fingers caressing his cheek–his scruff tickling me and stirring him from sleep. He blinked his eyes slowly open. Blue-green eyes that held mine for a moment that I wanted to suspend in time.

"Hi."

"Hi," he breathed back.

"Thank you." I kissed the palm of his hand then rested my cheek on it.

"For what baby?" he asked groggily.

"For taking care of me last night. I was a mess."

"You're always a mess sunshine."

I rolled my eyes as a coy smile tugged at my lips. "Not always..."

Ethan gave me a long look then shook his head. "No, maybe not always."

"What should we do?"

"Well," he said slowly. He pulled me closer to him then rolled so he was looking down at me. "First I am going to have breakfast."

"That's not fair," I replied with an arched brow.

"Life's not fair, baby," he quickly replied before he kissed me. "But after, we can have breakfast. I think Derek froze some dough for those scones if you want me to make you some?"

"I can make them," I said while he started to move my legs apart with his knees.

"I know," he replied before he dipped down and placed a kiss on my collarbone. "But I want to."

"Ethan–"

He cut me off with another kiss. "You can make the coffee and keep Levi calm when he comes over."

"He's coming over?"

"Yes, I linked him after you fell asleep last night. He wants to talk. He and Liam are both coming."

"Evan and Lyanna?"

"Evan and Aaron are getting the warriors organized this morning, and Lyanna is with Jake. Apparently, Cora started acting crazy last night. After we talk to Levi though, I want to go to Lusa."

"What about the witches?" I asked while Ethan moved a hand down to my thigh.

"Half are already at Lusa and half are on our borders. We can check in later and see if they made anything out of the book," he said before he kissed.

"Can we–"

"Baby," Ethan's voice broke up my words as he placed a tender kiss on the top of my breast. "No more talking, not until after breakfast."

I couldn't argue with that, nor did I want to. For a small amount of time, I just pushed away what had happened the previous night and let myself drown in him. I wish I could make it all go away so all Ethan and I ever had to worry about was what we were having for breakfast or whether or not Evan would be chasing us that day with a bottle of whipped cream.