Chapter 53: Luck

"Dad?"

"Yes, baby girl?"

"You ready?!"

He jogged out from the shadows, pulling a shirt he took off of a dead witch over some jeans he found and nodded. Arms were covered in blood like the rest of him. "Yes, let's light it up!"

Dad scooped me up and jumped off the landing ledge right as Nate honked at us. "Let's go!"

"One minute!" Dagny called out as she waved to him. Quickly, she rubbed her fingers together, creating a ball of fire in her hand that she tossed into the warehouse; the ball split into three separate balls then flew into various directions until the smell of smoke filled the air.

My father nodded to Dagny. "Let's go."

Cora slid into the front of the SUV while Nate eyed the building with wide eyes reflecting the light of the fire that was starting to lap at the inside of the building. "Do I even want to know?"

"Nope," Vincent said as he wiped some blood off of his face while he climbed in the ver back with Alice and Dagny.

Dagny reached into her bag as my father slid in next to me with Lizzie behind him. "But look what I brought! Party favors!" she practically squealed as she held up two bottles of champagne.

Vincent laughed before he kissed Alice's cheek. "Look there Alice. You and your mum did well with the bubbly."

"Glasses?" Lizzie asked.

"Course, thank God this purse is big. Vincent hates it but–"

"I do not hate it, it's just inconvenient," he cut in.

"Except for now," Dagny sang out as she passed out some champagne glasses. "Nate dear?"

"Not while I am driving, but thank you!" he said as he looked into the rearview mirror where our reflections made it look like we were either in some kind of crazy play, chainsaw murderers, or that we just took a dive in a pool of ketchup.

Lizzie passed my father and I glasses as Vincent popped open one of the bottles. Cora took a glass from Lizzie while my wolf smiled in the back of my mind, we had done a good thing worth celebrating. We had given those people their lives back. We had taken them out of Aurelia's control. We crossed a big item off of our list and took out a lot of her witches and wolves in the process.

Lizzie poured my father and I some champagne while Vincent kept placing bloody kisses all over Dagny, who just laughed while Alice hopped around between their laps; Cora was changing the radio station in the car, linking Jake who she said was more than jealous that he didn't come.

"Did you have fun, baby girl?"

"Yes," I chuckled out before I took a long sip of champagne. "You?"

"Almost as much fun as I anticipate seeing Alex tomorrow will be."

"Oh, very true dad," I mused, debating inwardly which would be better. "That's a toss up. Is mom ok?"

"Oh, your mother is just fine. They're already back. She said she's ordering pizza for us."

"Pizza?" Cora snapped her head back to look at us.

My father chuckled and nodded his head. "Yes, plenty of it."

We got back to Riley's where my mother looked more or less like the female version of Dexter. Dominic was wiping his face off with a towel while Riley poured him a bourbon on ice. He was sitting next to Bernard and Susie, laughing with them as we walked in. Actually laughing with them. It was crazy to think that a while ago Dominic actually killed Susie because she wouldn't bring Lizzie back, especially when Lizzie and Susie were practically tied at the hip.