Chapter 22: Yes

We ate and drank until I started to grow tired, in which Levi tried to kick everyone out so I could sleep. Derek refused though, he brought my bear skin from my house and covered me up with it while Dominic just found a position in his chair to get comfortable in.

Derek and Elliot both just leaned against the wall, sharing a snuggie the Dominic had given them hell about before. Levi was next to me, arm around my shoulder while I curled into his chest. His beast was still frantic–still stressed and worried as hell. He probably would be for days.

Barrett had taken Evie and Helen back to their cabin. They wanted to check on Cora and fetch Wynona to take her home with them. Lucas stayed though. He was laying half off of my bed, his head on a pillow that he put on Levi's legs; he had one leg on the bed and one leg hanging off with his mouth wide open.

Smiling, I closed my eyes and reached out to sleep that came to me like a warm embrace. I couldn't help but feel only love in those few moments I had before I eventually dozed off.

The next morning Levi shook me awake so Sam could check me over one more time, which really ended up Sam and I hugging and almost crying while she checked to make sure that I was really ok.

I was glad to be out of the pack doctor's.

Although she wouldn't let me shift. Apparently, I was to wait another day, which I found more than annoying–as did my beast. We had to ride on Levi's back on the way to Tikanni, which I don't think was particularly pleasant for either of us.

Lucas offered, but Levi waved him off and told him to, 'move your damn ass son, we don't have all day.' Dominic and Wynona came, I think more because Dominic was still afraid to leave me entirely on my own, although Wynona just teased 'Mr. Mother Hen,' as she called him. She was a ball of sass and a sharp tongue that Dominic needed with short black hair chopped in a stylish wedge above her shoulders, big brown eyes like chocolate, and freckles covering her face. She teased Lucas also along the way, which seemed to brighten his spirits.

Lucas.

Lucas looked exactly like Levi in his fur, almost as big too. Eventually, he would be as big, my wolf and I could sense that much. They even moved like each other, almost mirror images.

I had linked Ethan along the way. I didn't want to push him, I knew Evangeline needed him and I didn't want to worry him and take him away from her. But when I asked how she was, Ethan didn't really say anything but vague phrases until he finally told me that I would, 'see' when I got there.

Bowie was sitting on the porch with Remi when we approached. I hopped off Levi's back and smoothed out my loose gray cotton shirt and black tights, before I started to dig some clothes out of the saddlebags for Levi and Lucas.

"Char?" Remi called out, his voice slightly broken as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"Hey Remi," I replied with a soft smile as Levi shifted back, taking the jeans and shirts from me.

Remi jogged over to me, tears in his eyes before he pulled me into a tight hug. "I'm glad you're ok. God, I am so glad you're ok."

"I'm sorry Remi," I breathed out as I hugged him back.

He shrugged as he pulled away. Remi was about to open his mouth when he saw Lucas pulling a shirt on. "It's true," he said more to himself than me. "Lucas?"

Lucas snapped his head around and caught Remi's gaze as Bowie walked up in disbelief. "I thought Lander lost it," Bowie breathed out.

I winced slightly at Bowie's words for Lucas. Levi was moving towards Lucas to block him from Bowie, he still wasn't sure how his pack would react, but Bowie beat him. He beat him and pulled Lucas into a tight hug, only letting him go for Remi to hug him.