Chapter 45: The Last Tree Part II

My father's eyes were wide when he caught sight of me. He was nailing Hale in the mouth, dragging him back while the cloud of shadows grew. The cloud of shadows made my blood run cold.

Hale was trying hard to get away from my father–from his twin. It was so odd that they were twins but nothing at all alike. They didn't move the same, fight in a similar way, or even carry themselves the same. Hale was all hate–rage at its finest lashing out; my father was a cold storming of summer clashing with the first cold front of fall. Brewing. Brewing and cold with a thunder in his punch that was both hot like summer but cold like the north wind that sliced precisely–watching his opponent then overwhelming him with strikes that he couldn't keep up with.

Aurelia and I stalked each other, my beast snarling at her and begging to be let out–I was so close to letting her. Aurelia. Aurelia who was rubbing her fingers while I cracked my neck. Her magic would learn its master today.

She snapped her fingers and suddenly the air between the wall she made and the portal moved. The air moved and my feet were lifted off of the ground; I was swirling around her in the air that funneled into what was like a tornado.

I was spinning so fast, hands reaching out for something solid while Aurelia twirled her finger in the air with an amused look on her face. "Come on dad!" she called out, annoyance dripping in her voice.

There was no roller coaster in the world that could have prepared me for this; my brain felt like I was spinning it around in a blender. I caught glimpses of Ethan beating against the wall with Evan, and a glimpse of the rogues coming down while my friends fought with the witches and wolves around them for their lives.

Suddenly, as I rolled, there was a hand. There was a hand that pulled me to the ground that I hit with a hard, 'thud.' Eve groaned then looked up at me. "You ok?"

"I'm really tired of her," I groaned as I looked out at Aurelia who had stopped the tornado thing from the other side of the portal. She was pacing back and forth while Hale and my father continued at each other's throats.

Bernard zapped a witch down then licked his forefinger and touched the wall thing she had created; murmuring something under his breath, the wall started to crack like glass before it shattered.

"Oh lovely," I said.

"Yes, it is," Eve breathed out. "Top or bottom?"

"Doesn't matter," I replied.

"Well, I like the top."

"Be my guest then," I said while a little laugh as Eve sprung up.

She ran hard towards Aurelia while I curved around; Aurelia lifted her fingers up towards me, but she didn't see Eve ram her. I turned slightly as Aurelia sat up and lunged at her, rolling on the ground a few times before I landed on top of her.

First I nailed her hard in the mouth, knocking out teeth that I was disappointed were not fangs, otherwise, I would have grabbed them and given them to Ethan. I pinned one her hands down with my hand then the other with my foot, snarling at her as hair poked out of my neck. "You screwed with the wrong wolf cousin," I bit out as Eve reached forward with a clawed hand grabbing her finger and severing it from her as she cried out in agony.

"That was for the finger you took from my mate!" Eve snarled out before I nailed Aurelia again in the mouth.

I was going to slice my hand down–slice it down and end her when something knocked me off of her. Something that was dark and snarling at me. Something that was there but it wasn't quite there. Something that was more less a shadow.

The shadow in the shape of a wolf was trying to go at my neck. Boney and brittle as a black mist swirled around it–a chilling cold seeping off of it. I reached forward and grabbed the bones in neck, so freezing cold that it almost hurt to touch it, then ripped it out. Standing up, I felt my heart sink. My father was being pushed back by shadows as they started to run down from the other side of the portal.