Chapter 39: Recovery

"How is he?" I asked Lucas while I looked at Levi sleeping in a bed at our Pack Hospital.

"He said that mom came and licked his wounds, that I didn't need to worry," Lucas replied, his eyes not leaving Levi. "How's Ethan?"

I shrugged. "Better but talking in jibberish. He kept asking Sam to not throw him and Jaxon in the pits"

"Dad said something like that," Lucas added. "How are the others?"

"Andrea said Jaxon was better, same as Levi and Ethan. Talia thinks that Ajax doesn't remember much, she said they are still having a hard time getting the drugs out of his system."

"Issach?"

"Talia said that he's better. Just getting all the drugs out is the hardest."

"She's pure evil."

"She is," I sighed out. I gave Lucas' shoulder a light squeeze before I walked back to Ethan's room.

Evan had left his tablet on a chair while he ran out to get some work done, leaving Ethan sleeping peacefully in his bed. It had been four days since we got them home. Four long days.

Four days of organizing our warriors for battle along with the vampires and the witches. Four days of making sure our packs were ready–that our safety shelters were ready. Four days of trying to flush the drugs out of Ethan's system while nightmares–memories had him crying out in his sleep, while his wounds rendered his body and his wolf so weak that at times I wondered if he would come out of it, and three days of him sleeping while all I could do was wait.

Every day I would bite into my wrist and bleed over his wounds that were still open–his and Levi's. Levi had been murmuring about Eve and Lydia the whole time–to a point that Lucas had to step out while Lander watched in agony. I had Sam take some of my blood and send it to Jaxon, Ajax, and Issach. I knew we weren't the same blood type, but after testing it on a sample of Levi's where it responded well, Sam said to try it.

I walked back into the room and sat down in a chair, the same chair I had been sitting in when Evie walked in with Dominic and Barrett. I smiled at them and waved them in.

Evie zipped to me then looked over at Ethan. "How is he?"

"Better," I answered honestly.

"We brought some food," Dominic said.

"Thank you," I answered while Dominic unpacked a small cooler.

"Has he said anything?"

"Nothing more than the same as before," I said. "He keeps talking to Eli, like Eli is here."

"Maybe he is," Barrett mused.

I shrugged. "Maybe."

I ate at the pasta salad while Sam walked in and checked on Ethan again. She changed out his IV bag, gave him some more medicine, and assured me that he would be fine–physically that is.

The only good thing to come out of that meeting was the fact that Aurelia bought it. She bought it and now with only ten days left to make this thing work in our favor, all I wanted to do was to crawl in bed with Ethan. If I could take away all his pain I would.

The afternoon dwindled on; Jake and David touching base with me before I linked Andrea and Talia. Jane apparently has barely left Jaxon's side while Andrea said that his nightmares are almost violent, at one point she said he thought Caden was a rogue.

Eventually, Dominic and the vampires left me to Ethan on my own. I sighed and decided to crawl into bed with him, Sam did encourage it because apparently, it would speed up the healing process.