Chapter 57: Foxes

"So how does this work again?"

"You just throw it down and think of where you most want to be."

"That's it?"

"Yes Ethan, that's it. Clear you mind and think of the place."

Ethan was holding the dust in his hands that his eyes were currently trained on. His jeans riding low on his hips shifted their weight while he looked at the shiny dust in his palm a little more.

"You're sure this will work?"

"Ethan," I sighed out as I pinched the bridge of my nose. He was standing next to the furnace and I was sitting on the bed.

I told him we had to practice, he had to practice. He needed to practice poofing so he could help us fetch the others today. So, I had him stand across the room from me and told him to poof over to me. He had been standing there with the dust in his hands for around three minutes; he wasn't super convinced that it would work.

"Babe just try it. If something happens, then I will come get you, but you have to practice. We're going to have to go to my parents soon and you need to practice."

"Ok," he replied, eying the dust in his palm that he shook around a bit. "If I end up on some beach, well, you should just leave me there. Well, I take that back, you should come for me and we should just stay there."

"Ethan..."

"Right," he replied with a nod. "Where I most want to be right?"

"Right."

Ethan let out a long breath and closed his eyes, concentrating hard while I toyed with the ends of his shirt. He clenched his hands around the dust then through it down, a loud crack sounding in the room and a cloud drifting away from where he was once standing until another crack boomed out. Another crack that was followed by a collision–a collision when he landed on top of me and knocked me back onto the bed.

I groaned while he caught his breath, pushing himself up with his elbows to look at me with wide eyes. "It worked!"

"Ethan, you were supposed to land beside me..."

"But that's not where I most wanted to be sunshine."

"What?" I asked as I cocked my head at him.

"You said to think of where I most wanted to be, so I did."

"But you're on top–oh, really?"

He chuckled and nodded at me with a sly smile. "Really baby."

"Alright, I think you're ready. You're already better than Lizzie," I told him while I pushed myself up and tried to scoot out of bed.

Ethan's hand caught my waist and pulled me back under him before his legs straddled the sides of me. Trapping me.

"Where do you think you're going sunshine?"

"We have to go to my parents, it's going to be sundown soon and your brother–"

"Baby, how many times do I have to tell you to leave my brother out of the bedroom?"

I rolled my eyes. "Do you want to try again?"

"Why? I'm exactly where I want to be."

"You're incorrigible."

"No," he replied before he dipped down and kissed at my collarbone through his shirt I was wearing. "You're incorrigible in this shirt"

"This is your shirt, Ethan."

"First my socks and now my shirts? Sunshine get your own damn clothes," he playfully growled against my skin as he pulled my collar down so he could access a little more skin.