Chapter 22: Recovery

"We should have never started drinking." I exclaim as I sip on front no. 5.

Nate chuckles "It makes the pain go away."

Laughter fills the bar just as Carl comes from the back to check on us. "Alright you two, its two hours past close, time to go home."

"Really Carl? Not just a bit longer." Carl shakes his head, and I look to Nate. "Okay, lets go home."

Slipping into my town car, I notice a dazed Nate following me. "Need a ride?" He nods.

The interior seems to have been warmed in order to beat the harsh cold from the outside. Immediately after our arrival into the car, the driver takes off, wanting to get me home as fast as he can. Nate pulls my closer to him as we make a turn. "Do you know how amazing you are Celia?"

I giggle. "Thank you Nate, but your drunken compliments aren't going to help you."

He shakes his head. "I really mean it Celia, he doesn't deserve you, he never did." I try and pull out of his grip but he pulls me back in, this time turning my head to look into my green eyes.  My buzz is starting to slip, leaving me with reality. "I have always loved you."

"Nate, don't do this. You know I have feelings for you, but Dan and I just broke up. I am not going to be the girl that just hops from guy to guy like its nothing. The next time I date someone, I want it to be the man I love for the rest of my life."

"You really want that?"

"Yes." I say, and he lets my pull out of his grip. "You know I have always had feelings for you, but I need time to let my heart heal. Dan and I were in love, I thought that I was going to spend the rest of my life with him. I want time to mourn and really accept everything."

"What about after that happens, when you are ready?"

"You will be the first one to know."

----------------------------------------------------

After dropping off Nate, my driver took me to my apartment building, hopefully for the last time that night. I drag myself into the elevator and press my floor button. My phone jingles in my pocket and I check it to see an update from Gossip Girl.

Spotted: Lonely Boy and Little C escaping from her party, only for him to dump her for S luckily, her knight in shining armor came and saved her. Looks like the tables have turned for our Little C.

Crap.  The door opens to my apartment, and in the living room I see a one Chuck Bass.

"Chuck? What are you doing here?" I walk over to him and notice he has his phone in his hand.

"Serena just called, she wanted to see if the plane was ready at JFK." He gestures to the phone. "I came up here to see why you had chartered it in the first place, but after seeing the post....."

"Chuck, I don't really want to talk about it right now."

"It needs to be talked about Celia, he can't just tell you he wants to spend the rest of his life with you and then ditch you for his ex girlfriend."

"Speak from experience?"

Chuck takes a couple of steps closer to me. "He should not have done that to you Celia."

"I let him go Chuck!" I snap and he backs away. "I want him to be happy, and if that means that he is with someone else then I am okay with it."

"You can't let him do this to you." I shake my head. "He can't just hurt you and then walk away."

"It is alright Chuck, if I can let him go then so should you." I start to tear up once more. "Him and Serena were meant to be together, it just took me a little bit longer to see it."

"I am sorry Celia." He says and Chuck pulls me into a hug, something that only happens on rare occasions.

"Sometimes you just have to let things go." Chuck releases his grip and I take a step back. "Chuck, what is the real reason that you are here?"

He smirks and grabs his scotch off my end table, swiftly he pulls a photograph out of his pocket. "I think I found out who is trying to take over the company."

The photograph seems to have been taken through a window of an alley in the dead of night, the only light the dim shine of a light post. Two figures are sitting in a bar across the street, passing a stack of papers back and forth and sipping on dark caramel mixtures. The two figures, Jack Bass and a man I hadn't seen since I fell down my own dark hole, the man who fueled my downfall, Ajax Byne.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I am so sorry that this comes so late after my last update but I have really thinking about how I want to end Celia's story and I think I have reached my final conclusion. I would like to thank all of you for reading this and supporting the story, I don't know what I would do without all of you. Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoy!

Make sure to star and comment what you think should happen!

M XO