2:22

| THE STAND: CHAPTER TWENTY TWO |

| THE STAND:
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO |

"Gran, where are we?" Rhea questioned as she stood, along with Ares. Their surroundings didn't indicate much, the whole place was a pristine white. It reminded Rhea of a hospital.

"This is where our bloodline comes when they've passed, you see, we have our own ancestral limbo— what can I say? Our family never played well with other witches." The elderly woman said with a slight chuckle, "Now, onto the real reason you're here. You see, you're not dead. I just needed both of you to be knocked out at the exact same time for me to draw you here."

Ares raised a brow, "Did you plant the idea in Hayley and Marcel's head to take us out?"

Demetria smirked, "Well they knew they needed to distract you two, they just needed a little push on what to do."

The siblings laughed, their grandmother had always been kind of unorthodox— but that's what made her a brilliant witch, also the reason why she still hand some kind of hold in the land of the living.

"So why are we here?" Rhea questioned.

Demetria sighed, "You need to finish that spell."

Ares rolled his eyes, "Yeah, like that's gonna happen. We can barely perform a locator spell without nearly passing out. Courtesy of mother dearest."

Demetria smiled gently, "Oh my brilliant, brave grandchildren. No matter what you've endured, you have always stuck together— your mother is dead."

The way that she said those last four words was so casual, that neither of them noticed what she had said at first but when they realised, their eyes nearly bulged out of their head.

"Woah, back up. What?" Rhea questioned, Demetria took a seat on a chair that Rhea was sure wasn't their a few minute ago. Two more chairs materialised and Demetria motioned to them, "Come, sit."

Rhea and Ares took a seat, prepared for the story of their mothers downfall.

"Now," Demetria started, "No interruptions, ok? Your mother, well she was driven by greed. That was obvious enough when she murdered me, her own mother— and then tried to murder the two of you. Because she died herself, our ancestors saw no need to step in, as she was already dead." Rhea and Ares nodded in understanding, "Until she came back, she tried to take your power from you and left you once again. That's something our ancestors cannot tolerate, we're a proud bloodline and we don't tolerate actions like your mothers. She was causing trouble for covens all over the country, trying to work out something."