Chapter 15: Friends Help Each Other

I cried for hours, while waiting for Jeremy or Jason's appearance. This morning, Jason wasn't feeling well and I hope he'll get well soon. "Stay strong, Jason!", I said to myself. And as for Jeremy, he left when the doctor tried to explain everything to me, but why isn't here?  Suddenly, the door opens and I was figuring that it could be either Jason or Jeremy, but it was Victor Watson!

        I smiled and welcomed Victor to come in, Victor comes in with a basket full of chocolates. Victor puts down the basket and greets me next to my bed, "Hey, Cathy. S-someone..umm, I-i heard about everything and I thought that a basket full of chocolates might help you feel better", said Jeremy. I try not to laugh because I don't know why, but he looks cute when he did something good. Okay..Cathy, control yourself!!! Enough with two men in love with me.. I don't want Victor to fell in me.. I thank him and asks "Thanks for the chocolate. A-anyway, what are you doing here?"

        "Well, do you want me to leave?", said him, while he raises his eyebrow. I laugh, seeing him with his raised-up eyebrow. "No, I don't want you to leave, but you didn't have to raised your eyebrow...", I added. Victor take his seat, next to me. "So, let me guess.. You didn't accept it well?", as soon as I heard it, I knew that he was talking about my cancer. I toughen up myself and answers "Yeah..but, I don't want to be like this forever..being sad, all the time. So, that's why I cried myself just now.. I-i don't want anyone to see me, especially Jeremy". I don't know why, but Victor was the right person to talk to. He....he's a good listener. I'm not saying that Jason or Jeremy wasn't a good listener, it's just that Victor is the only one who's sitting next to me. I can't choose, anymore. I need someone to comfort me, for the last time.

 "Cathy..do you want me to call Jeremy or a friend of yours?", he asks. I quickly snapped out of my mind and shook my head. I'm still confused of why wouldn't Jeremy have a quick visit? Is he..mad? Did he found out about Jason confessing his love? And as for Jason, he doesn't feel well this morning so, I don't want to bother him. Speak of the demo, it was Jeremy. He's carrying a tray fill with food and a small cup fill with milk. "Dinner..", said Jeremy as he puts down the tray on the bed's table. Victor take a few step back and I asks "Where are you going, Victor?". Victor stopped and answered my question;"Y-you're having you're dinner..So, I don't want to interrupt you". I smiled and asks him nicely to stay with me. Jeremy took Victor's seat, while Victor decided to sit on a sofa placed opposite of my direction.