Chapter 16: The Truth

Jeremy took a deep breath and release it while staring at Cathy. "C-Cathy..First of all, I-I'm sorry that I hadn't been there for you, when you needed me. S-secondly, I..I've been miserable since the doctor told me...that you, have a brain cancer. I know that you've felt the same, but loosing you is something that I can't handle. I admitted, that I'm strong, mischievous and had the ability to handle any problems that I'm facing, but handling your death, is like.. I'd just lost half of my abilities. Cathy, I would do anything to make you stay".

        Oh, Jeremy. I never knew that you would be this miserable, because you've always been so strong. "Did you change because of me?", I asks myself. "J-Jeremy, I'm so sorry that it had to be me, but this is my destiny. And, I'm happy that I could meet my brother in heaven. You..you should be happy for me",I added. I know it hurts to say it, but I can't let Jeremy to love me anymore because I've been through it. Loosing my brother, it hurts so much. So, rejecting Jeremy is..the best way. A few second later, Jeremy break down in tears. He...he's crying.. Oh God, what have I done? Is this the right thing to do? Victor runs to Jeremy and calms him down, but Jeremy pushes Victor away from and yells,"LEAVE ME,ALONE!!!!"

        Victor and I made an eye contact, telling ourselves to stay calm and let him be. Suddenly, Jeremy stands, staring at me coldly and leaves. Victor hold to himself and stands next to my bed while saying, "Cathy, I'm not going to ask you if you okay, but what were you thinking?". I make a fake smile and responded, "Victor, just trust me that in the mean time, it's for the best". Victor puts his right hand on his head, making a confusing look. Cute, but I don't have time. I must see Jason for the last word.

I asks Victor to give me my phone and I decides to call Jason, ASAP. Three hours later, Jason arrives and greets Victor. Jason thanked him for be by my side when I needed someone. Victor asks politely to leave because he understands that Jason will be just fine, listening to my last words.