~Chapter 14 ~ Possession

Chapter! :D Sorry if it tis late... :(

Aphmau's POV

I stood pacing the around the portal room. As soon as we entered the portal and arrived in Phoenix Drop it had shattered. BEFORE Aaron and Zane had gotten through it. It has been hours and it still hadn't been restored. Lucinda kept on trying but every time she would get close it would shatter again. Something was happening on the other side, and it wasn't good.

"Try again," I said as the portal shattered again.

"But Aphmau...," began Lucinda, this was the tenth time she had tried, and it still hadn't worked.

"Just do it." I wasn't going to lose him again, once was enough.

She sighed and focused her energy on the portal. It opened just like all the other times, but this time, it didn't shatter. I grinned as it stayed open for solid 5 minutes, just as I was about to go through it Zane popped through it, sluggishly dragging and unconscious Aaron behind him.

"What happened?!" I cried as they finally dragged themselves through the portal. Zane sighed as he propped Aaron up against the wall. He looked over to me and sighed again.

"The Shadows happened. That light creature or whatever it was, banished them. But not before they could do this...," he explained plopping himself on the ground next to Aaron and pointing to his side. It was covered in a cloth that I could see had blood on it, and a good amount of it. I walked over to him and focused my energy. A ball of light formed in my hands and I pressed it to the wound. I took my hands away expecting to see a fully healed and awake Aaron, but instead I saw that he wasn't awake- or healed.

"W-What..?!" I cried as I moved my hands away from him. "Why didn't it work...?" I looked over to Lucinda who was shaking her head.

"Aphmau, Zane. Back away from him...," she stated, going to move in front of me.

"Why?" I asked not letting her block the way.

"Aaron's not himself... The dagger he was stabbed with wasn't normal... Somethings consuming him..," she explained pushing me out of the way again. This time I let her. Zane walked next to me, occasionally stealing glances at my expression. I saw Lucinda take her staff out and form a barrier around Aaron. "He should be good for now.."

I nodded sadly and went to turn away, as soon as I did I heard a groan and turned myself back around.  Aaron was awake and he was staring back at me. Not with his caring, loving warm dark eyes. There were black, dark, so cold, and so unfamiliar. His usual expression was changed from a smile to a heartless smirk that chilled me to the bone. As soon as I laid eyes on him, I knew it wasn't Aaron. "W-Who are you?" I asked nervously.

He laughed maliciously. "I am the Lord of Shadows. But you can call me lord Venmir."

I growled at him, "What did you do with Aaron?" 

"I'm simply possessing him, no harm done. You'll get him back when I'm done," He explained pacing around the shield studying it. 

"When would that be?" I walked closer to the shield, the only thing protecting me from him.

"When I'm done, after I do this one last thing."

"What would that-" I didn't have time to finish, Venmir had grabbed Aarons broadsword and smashed through the shield. In an instant, the only protection we had was gone. Venmir smirked as he watched everyone's horrified expressions, and ran at me. He slammed me against the wall and held his sword up to my throat. I watched as the children got out safely, soon it was just me, Lucinda, and him.

"Let her go, or so help me Irene..," snarled Lucinda.

"Don't worry sweetie, I'm not gonna hurt her, I just want to see how she fights." 

I growled at him and used all my available strength to push him off, I succeeded and a beam of light shot down on top of me, push Venmir further back. 

He laughed and started to run at me again.  "Let's see how it goes this time... Lord of Light."

Done! Hope you enjoyed, don't forget that the art contest ends in 10 days! Let me know if you are liking the story so far ^3^ 

Have a great day guys!