~Chapter 18~ The Lord of Light's Reward

New chapter. Only a few more to go till the end!

Aaron's POV

After Venmir's death, we just sat and did nothing. Said nothing. There was nothing to be said, everything happened so fast, and it was one big confusing mess. After about 10 minutes of doing nothing, I felt Aphmau pull away from our hug.

"We need to go tell Zoey what happened...," She suggested.

I nodded, agreeing with her. "Good idea. Let's get on our way then." I started walking out of the house, grabbing her hand as I did. I pulled her out of the house and made our way down to Zoey's' house.  I knocked, and a few second later Zoey answered the door, James and Lilith at her feet. I smiled and she motioned for us to come inside. "Hey, Zoey."

"Hey, guys. What's up? You're here early," she asked, closing the door behind us. She moved over to the table and sat down. 

"Well... You remember how we told you about Venmir and everything he had done?" She nodded and I continued. "Well, he attacked us today at home-"

She gasped. "What happened?!" 

"He's... Gone..." Her eyes widened and she looked at as carefully. 

"Isn't that a good thing? You two don't seem too enthusiastic about it," She stated. I rubbed the back of my neck, looking down. 

"Well, it's a good thing, but I couldn't bring myself to be happy when he died... It was kind of just happening..," Aphmau explained, moving her hand out of my grip and going to sit down next to Zoey. I joined her after and grabbed her hand again. 

Zoey nodded in understanding. "Death isn't something that's easy, even for your greatest enemy." As soon as she finished explaining a beam of light shot down into the middle of the living room.

When in dissipated in its spot stood a young man, with long blonde hair and striking green eyes. I reflectively shot my hand to the hilt of my sword and kept it there. "Who are you?!" I shouted.

"Relax. I am Feyeis, the Lord of Light.  I have come to gift you something, thanks for banishing Venmir from this world," He explained, his eye's sparkling. I removed my hand from my sword a sighed.

"What would this 'gift' be?" I asked, squeezing Aphmau's hand. 

He smiled. "Ah, it is the protection from evil spirits. Once I grant this gift, they will not be able to come near you, or anyone related to you by blood."

I nodded and looked over at Aphmau. "Do you want to take it?" 

She nodded. "As long as it keeps my family safe I will. That's all I need." 

Feyeis smiled and chanted something. A ring of light appeared around both his arms, and he moved over to us. I flinched at the light, and he touched his hands to our forehead and began chanting.

All holy light, protect these two from harm. Do not let them nor the one's who share their blood fall victim to the corruption of the darkness that haunts this land. Keep them safe for as long as they shall live, and cleanse their souls. All holy light, protect these two from harm.

He stopped chanting and stepped back, a large smiled plastered on his face. I started in awe as he started to disappear. "Stay safe children. Keep the shadows at bay." He disappeared completely and Aphmau and I sat there in awe. I noticed James and Lilith sitting down by Zoey, and I turned to them. 

"Do you two feel any different?" 

They nodded in unison. "I feel happy," said Lilith. James nodded again, agreeing with her. 

I smiled. Feyeis hand given us a gift we couldn't repay.

Hope you enjoyed! Have a nice night!