~Epilouge~

Hey everyone! This is the final chapter for this book. I really hope you all enjoyed this book, I know I did. It's been a long journey and I'm glad to have shared it all with all of you.
---------------------------------------------

James's POV

I smiled cruelly as I picked up the sword next to me. I examined it, as the young thief in front of me quivered in fear. 

"There's nothing to be afraid off," I sang, swinging the sword around in my hands. But that was a lie. I was something to be afraid of. I was nothing like either of my parents. My parents had been the good guys, the heroes. I was not. Not kind, not gentle, and in no means merciful. This boy had stolen from me, and I would show no mercy.

The boy's eyes pleaded, full of fear. "P-please. I'm so s-sorry for trying to s-steal from you."

I kneeled down so I was level with him, and tilted my head to the side, innocently. "Don't worry... There's nothing to be afraid off." I looked him in the eyes, staring with a certain type of cruelty. "Now, why don't you tell me your name." It was said as more of a statement, rather than a question. 

"K-Kayden," he stuttered out. He glanced over to his sword, which had been thrown to the other side of the room during our fight. "D-Does this mean you're n-not going to kill me?" 

I laughed, almost psychotically. "My dear boy. I never said I wasn't going to kill you." Kaydens eyes widened, and his expression turned to horror. "I just said there was nothing to be afraid of." He gave me a pleading look, and I almost felt bad for him. Almost

"P-please...," he begged. Tears formed at the edge of his eyes, and then fell. This is exactly what I wanted. They always begged before I killed them. "I-I'll do anything... I h-have a- I have someone waiting f-for me at h-home."

Giggling, I responded, "Well then you should have thought about them before you decided to steal from me." He didn't say anything in response. He just stared at me, horror strewn across his whole face. After a moment of silence, "You love them, don't you?"

He gave a small nod in response. 

"Good. I'll let them know what happened to you."

He took a sharp intake of breath, "Please! Don't hurt her! I'll do anything... just please..." The thief was trying to sound brave, but his words only came out as pleads. He was begging again. 

My response was a loud chuckle. "Only time will tell." 

"W-What are you going to do?" He asked. 

I tucked a strand of ebony hair behind my ear. Such a strange gesture. But I did it anyways. "What I want." I stood up and raised one of my hands at him. 

He stared in confusion."What-" his words were cut short, when a bright white light shot out of my hands. 

Kaydens expression was fearful for a split second.

And then he was gone. All that remained was a pile of ash in his place. 

I smirked at my kill, and turned on my heal. I picked up my trophy. The thief's sword. A one handed broadsword, the color of the sky. 

With my prize in my hand, I made my way out of the cave, and into the darkness of the night. 

My friends had been right. My family had been right. Everyone had been right. I was insane. And the power I was given to protect the ones I loved, had been used to hurt them. I didn't feel sorry. I never did. That night, I had found pleasure in the pain I caused them. And even the memories still made me shiver with pleasure. It had been years ago, but every image was still fresh in my mind. 

I stopped walking, and stared up to the sky. With a smirk, I raised one hand upwards and shot a beam of light into the sky. Then, screamed at the top of my lungs. The scream was laced with laughter. Cruel laughter.

---------------------------------------

Heh.... Well, this marks the beginning of my new book. 

Please don't be mad that I made James insane. I just really wanted to. 

The new book will be called "Cruel Laughter." 

Here's a brief summary.  

James had been mostly normal in the beginning. He played with his sister. He hung out with his friends. He loved, and adored, his parents. As he got older, everyone started to noticed who he really was. And no one could believe that the son of two heroes was actually James. He slowly became emotionless. Cruel. Merciless. James Lycan was insane. And it was clear to everyone. The powers that were gifted for good, were now used for evil. Now James laughed. Cruel laughter.

Alright, that concludes, "Because He Lived."

I hope you all enjoyed. Have a wonderful day, week, and year! I'll see you all in the new book.

- Bat.