~Chapter 20~ Love is All We Need

Alright. This time I do have some things that caught up with me, and I've had some problems. However, the remaining updates will be on your way soon. I hope you all have a wonderful day/night. -

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Aarons POV

I couldn't be happier right now. It took eight months, but things were finally going the way I wanted them to go. I was back, I had a son, and I was finally back with my lovely Aphmau and my sweet daughter. Yet.. I wasn't completely content yet. Aph and I have been dating, for seven months to be exact, but it isn't enough. I'm planning on asking her to be my wife, tonight. I asked her out on a date the other night, and luckily she agreed. I had it all planned it out. A walk around Phoenix Drop, a picnic and then I would ask her. My nerves were finally getting to me as I approached her room. I knocked and her door swung open in an instant. There she was standing there, in all her glory. A silver locked adorned her neck and she wore a purple and black knee-length dress. I smiled and leaned down, kissing her firmly. 

"You look stunning," I breathed out, grabbing her hand. Her face flushed red, and I chuckled. "We've been doing this for a while now, and you're still blushing over just that?"

"I-er-uh..," Aph stuttered, she looked down at an angle in embarrassment and I couldn't stop myself from chuckling again. 

"Don't worry I love it." She smiled at my words and we made our way around Phoenix Drop. 

First, we stopped at a sweets stand, run by someone I didn't recognize. They must be new, I realized as Aphmau ordered a bag of licorice. I grabbed her hand, and help it tightly, as she forcefully made me eat a piece of licorice.

"This is fun," she sang, swinging our arms, and jumping up, "It's the simple things that I enjoy most." I grinned at that. I wasn't going all out for this proposal, it was simple and sweet, and I knew she would love it. "Why are you grinning like that?" she asked, snapping me out of my gaze. 

I laughed nervously and shrugged, "Because I'm here with you." She blushed, a tiny bit of red rushing up to her cheeks. "C'mon, tomato, let's get going." 

"Hey!" she exclaimed, slapping me softly on the arm, "I'm not a "tomato"!" 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Can I open my eyes now?" Aphmau asked. 

I shook my head, not that she could see it and said, "No. In a second, though." I heard her sigh, and I smiled to myself. We were almost at the place for the picnic, but I wanted it to be a surprise. Finally, we reached the place I had set up earlier. In the middle of the clearing was a blanket, set out on it was an assortment of foods. From desserts to lunch. "You can open them now."

She opened her eyes slowly, and let out a surprised gasp when she saw where we were. "Aaron this is so beautiful!" Her eyes lit up even more when they landed on the food, "Food! Yes! I'm so hungry!" 

I burst out laughing at her statement and followed after her in a fit of laughter, as she ran over to the blanket. Plopping down onto the blanket she eyed all the food.

"This all looks so delicious!" Aphmau exclaimed, picking up a piece of watermelon and biting into it.

I smiled and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, "I'm glad you like it." She kissed me on the cheek quickly, and now it was my time to blush. 

She laughed and poked at my cheek, "Now who's the one blushing?" I grumbled and picked up a cupcake. Aphmau looked at me in curious, and then her eyes widened as I placed a bit of frosting onto her nose. "H-Hey!" she cried out, her voice cracking in the beginning. I laughed and jumped up. I could either stay here and get icing on me, or I could run. I decided on the latter and I sprinted off, Aphmau following me.  

"You'll never catch me!" I laughed, jumping over a fallen log. 

"Don't count on it!"

I stopped abruptly and waited for Aphmau to catch up. Slowing a few feet in front of me, she looked at me curiously. 

(A/N *Authors fangirling intensifies.*)

Taking a box out of my coat pocket, I kneeled down on one knee in front of her. Her eyes widened and she blushed. 

"Aphmau, from the second I met you, I hoped this day would come. I love everything about you, from your perfections to your imperfections. You drove the darkness out of my world and finally made me happy again, you gave me a second chance. When I left you, and then came back, I thought you would have moved on from me, it turns out I was wrong. I'm so happy you didn't move on, I'm so happy you waited, even if you thought I wasn't coming back. You are so kind and put everyone before yourself. You took care of our children on your own for five years, while you also managed a town. You're braver than me, and everyone else combined, and when it comes down to it, you would do anything for even a stranger. I was once a stranger to you, and you once a stranger to me. Our relationship has progressed through the years, and I hope for it to progress more. So, Aphmau. Will you marry me?" 

Her eyes were filled with tears, and she was sobbing uncontrollably. Unable to speak, she nodded her head rapidly, and ran up to me, kissing me passionately. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her back. Pulling back, I grabbed her hand and slipped the ring on her finger. 

We sat like that for an hour, before she spoke up.

"I think we should head home."

I grumbled. I didn't want this to end yet. "No, not yet."

"Why?" she asked, shifting so she was looking at my face. 

"Because you are all I need right now. Love is all we need right now." With that, I leaned down and planted a firm kiss on her lips. 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Don't worry, this isn't the end! There will be a few more chapters after this one. Stay tuned for the rest.

Love you all ~Batsy.