Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Talia's Trials

Peter's POV----
"Ready for the first test, Tali?" I yelled.
She had asked me to start calling her by her real name, now that I knew it and now that she found out that the real Adriana, who happened to be Tinker Bell, may I add, was here on the island.

A tad bit confusing, but Talia it is!

She smirked at me. "Always ready Pan, always." She said cockily, shifting her weight from foot to foot as she bent over forward, prepping herself to run.

I smirked, and yelled to the boys, "Boys! Gather round! We're playing manhunt!" The boys cheered, and ran over.

Talia's POV---

There were so many of them, but I knew all their names, and could match them to their faces.

First and foremost, Nibs. Nibs with his pale skin and sandy hair and gray eyes.
Ashton with his chocolate brown eyes and matching hair.
The twins, Spindly and Nimble, both with a bright shock of spiky red hair. Spindly was thin and lean, with green eyes. Nimble was, well, Nimble, and had blue eyes. Also, Nimble had a few freckles dotting his face and neck.
Cubby, Sooter, Chris, and Felix.
Felix, the blond boy with blue eyes I saw on my first day, the one who had gone to talk to Peter.

"Who's on who's side Peter?" Nibs asked. Peter smiled. "This is no ordinary game of manhunt Nibs. These are the trials Talia will have to survive and win to become a Lost Girl. If her game is unsatisfactory, then she may not become a Lost Girl."
Peter said seriously. He looked at me, and I had a feeling he was expecting a shocked and or nervous expression.
Well, you've got one coming for you, Peter Pan. I thought.

So instead, I just rolled my eyes and continued stretching. "We gonna get started, or sit here talking like old people?" I asked, nonchalantly. I saw the shocked expressions on all the Lost Boy's faces. Peter shook his head, and said, "Fine. The rules are simple. We play till your caught, or I whistle." Peter said, turning to me.

I nodded my head. "You get a 10 minute head start if you want it." Peter said. I shook my head. "Make it five." I say boldly. Peter looks up in surprise, but when he sees my expression, grins. "We'll just see how well my boy's can put your cocky expression back into check." He said.

"Five minutes, starting, NOW!"

Peter's POV---
Five minute head start eh? Fine, we'll just see.

She sets off running into the forest, her shiny brown hair streaking behind her.
Before she disappears into the dense forest, she turns around and salutes me once, then disappears.
I chuckle under my breath. "Cheeky blighter..."

Felix counted to five minutes, then yelled, "NOW!".
All the Lost Boys set off dashing into the forest.

I chuckle, and launch myself into the air. I watch as the Lost Boy's spread across the whole forest. I soared above the whole island, twice. I looked everywhere for a sign that any of my boys had caught her yet.
I gave up searching for her or any of the boys, quickly growing bored. I flew back to the campsite.

Ten minutes passed since Talia had been released into the forest for our little game of manhunt. I sighed, and whistled loudly, seven times, before all the Lost Boys came back.

I noticed non of them had Talia.
"Where is Talia?" I asked them. Cubby swallowed, and all the Lost Boys shared his nervous expression.
Except for, of course, Felix. Felix never got fazed by anything unless I showed some concern. If I had no reason to worry, that was good enough to him.

"We searched everywhere Peter!" The Lost Boys exclaimed when I glared at them.

I was about to say something, when I heard a familiar voice behind me say, "You sure boys?"

We all turned in surprise to see Talia, leaning out of the big oak tree on the edge of the campsite. Before I could process what was happening, Talia yelled "Peter!" Then she jumped.
For a moment, I didn't get it.
Then I realized that she didn't have any pixie dust.

"Talia!" I yelled. I ran forward, and before really thinking about it, caught her in my arms.

For a moment, we just stood there.
I always thought her eyes, her silvery gray eyes, that looked like moonlight, were beautiful.

I Never really admitted it to myself, but in my mind, yes, I knew to some degree.

To some degree that I liked Talia.

But then, the moment was gone, and she smirked at my face.

She leaped out of my arms, and landed gracefully in the center of the campsite, beside the fire pit.
She turned her head, looking from the Lost Boys to me.

"I'm a bit disappointed boys," she said, putting her hands on her graceful hips.
Since when do I notice her hips?

She turns back to me. "I was literally standing ABOVE you at one point!"
I feel my cheeks heat up-
Wait, am I BLUSHING?!??!

Talia's POV---

Wait, was he BLUSHING?!??!
I made HIM blush?!

My heart fluttered as he met my eyes, but looked away quickly.
I smiled to myself. "Well, I have to say, is that the only one who ever got close to me was Nibs."
I smile warmly at him.

In truth, none of the boys EVER got close to finding me. I knew Peter wouldn't play fair, and I knew he could sense the footsteps on the grounds of Neverland.

The grounds, but not the trees.

I ran a safe distance from the camp, and eventually climbed a tree. I jumped from tree to tree, quietly when I thought some Lost Boys were near, until I reached the campsite. I leaped into the oak tree, and sat on some of the highest, and most slender branches, and waited, waited for either the Lost Boys or Peter to find me.

None of them did.

I heard a cough, and turned to see Peter clearing his throat. "Um, uh, second trial?"
It comes out more as a question, so I just nod.

The Second Trial-----
Talia's POV---

"The second trial," Peter declared, "Is one to test and improve your fighting skills." He said with finality. "You will verse all of the Lost Boys, starting from my choice." Peter said. Which I took to mean, he would pick the worst sword fighters to go with me first.

I nodded, and he tossed me a sword with a steel tempered blade. I smiled, it reminded of the little knife Ranger-
No. I thought. I would not think of Ranger...
Too late.

"Switch the blade, fast, to the left." She explained, as she blocked another of my weak attacks.
When I ran away from the orphanage, I met a girl named Ranger, when she stole a loaf of bread right out of my palms. She taught me how to fight, how to fend for myself on the harsh streets of London.

Eventually, she left London, said she was heading someplace warm, near the sea.
She wanted to go south, but I wanted to stay, stay in London.

"Why?" She argued. " Why would you want to stay here?" She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. Her face softened, and so did her voice when she said, "Your hoping she'll come back, don't you?" She asked me gently.
I nodded. "If I make a life for myself, in Africa, or wherever I turn up, I'll try to find you." She said.

That was the last time I ever saw her.

I half expected to see her here, in Neverland.

"Um, Tali?" I hear Peter say. I snap out of my memories, and ask, somewhat irritably, "What, Peter?" Peter visibly flinches, then composes himself.
I flinch on the inside. I didn't mean to be rude.

"I said, you can fight Cubby first." I nod, and wait for him to come charging at me.
I notice, as I fight Chris, Nibs, Sooter, Spindly, Then Nimble and Ashton, that the Lost Boys were impatient, eager to fight. So eager to charge into battle. That they never thought twice about making the first move.

That's what most likely got them in the end.

Finally, it was my turn to hurt-, I mean, fight Felix.
Felix and I didn't have a very 'loving' relationship. In fact, we often exchange very heated arguements and 'choice' (or swear, if you prefer,) words, over nothing.

We are not very fond of each other, to say the least.

I twirled the sword between the palms of my hands, and stood in a fighting position before Felix. I smirked menacingly at him and summoned my inner Peter Pan, and said with the most arrogance and cockiness I could muster, "Let's dance, pretty boy."

Peter's POV---

Talia isn't sheilding her thoughts as well as she normally does. So I pretty much get the idea, that to piss Felix off more, she 'summoned her inner Peter Pan, and said with the most arrogance and cockiness I could muster'.
Wait, I am not THAT arrogant, smug, and cocky, am I?

Doesn't matter now, as Felix and Talia circle each other. He lunges for her.
Big mistake.
She dodges to the side, and hits him, hard, on the shoulder with the hilt of her sword.

A sharp gasp went through the crowd, even a small one escaping the infamous Peter Pan's lips.

Felix was my right hand man, my best friend, if you may, amongst the Lost Boys.

I have half the mind to go see if Felix is alright, but I know it wouldn't end well with the other boys.
Either they teased him for my special attention, or they became jealous of his special attention.

Either way, not good.

Talia leans over to him, and whispers something in his ear.

Must have been something offensive, because Felix surges up, and slaps Talia across the face with the flat of his sword. She staggers backward, her hand immediately flying to her cheek. She glares at Felix.

He smirks. "I still think so."

Well, now Talia is absolutely seething. She charges forward, and while Felix is occupied with blocking her sword arm, she takes her left hand, and punches him in the side of the head. He staggers backwards. "That's for calling me what you did!" She screamed.

He groans, and stands up. "I never regret a thing I said." He hissed.

Her bright gray eyes widen with hurt.

Then they narrow dangerously. "Then I don't regret THIS!" She charged forward, and slashed the tip of her sword across his right forearm. He winces, the blood trickling down his shirt.

I gasp despite myself. She never drew blood against the other boys, just disarmed them, maybe left them with a few scrapes and bruises, nothing more.

She advances on him, nicking him lightly on the cheek, arms, hands, legs, and side.

"Talia!" I say. "Talia!" But she won't stop. She looks so angry, so hurt and lost.

A true lost girl expression.

But it's not what I wanted. Not like that. I didn't want her to find herself like this. I run over to her, and grab her shoulder.

"Talia!" I yell. But she won't stop, it's like she can't hear me, can't see me, can't even see Felix, who has given up trying to fight her, but just backing away from her.

Ok, I realize the verbal coaching isn't helping. I guess I'm gonna have to forcefully stop her.

"Ugh," I sigh. I wrap my arms around her arms, pinning them to her body. She yells. "Let me go! Damn it Peter, LET ME GO!!!"

I half carry, half drag her to my tent. By the time we reach the tent, she erupts in tears. I sit her down on the bed, and just hug her tight against my chest.

"It's ok Talia. It's ok." I whisper into her hair. "Calm down. Tali, come on. It's ok. Just let it out, then we can talk after, ok?" For about another half hour, we just sit like that.

Her crying into my neck, dampening the collor of my shirt, me whispering encouragement into her hair, and my arms wrapped around hers.

Finally, she stops, and she lets out one smll hiccup before she pulls away.

"What happened back there?" I ask her gently. "Why did you blow up on Felix like that? I mean, I know you two aren't incredibly fond of each other, but seriously. What happened?"

A/N---
Ohhh, more past drama coming soon!! ;)
Hope you guys are interested so far.... I can't wait to the really big plot twist I've had in my mind for MONTHS NOW!!!!!
Read on, and I'll try to publish as fast as I can!!

Oh, heres a pic of Robbie Kay, the actor who plays Peter Pan in OUAT (Once Upon A Time >>>>>

Oh man, is he cute or WHAT?

For those OUAT fans out there, what did you think when they killed off Peter Pan?

Cuz I bought two tubs of mint ice cream and a box of chocolates, and watched every single eisode with him in it to memorialize his death.

I think he comes back in season 3B though..... I hold on to the slightest glimmer of hope I can find in this tunnel of grief and darkeness without Peter Pan!! (I know its dramatic, but seriously, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING, KILLING OFF THIS WONDERFUL ACTOR AND CHARACTER!!!!??????)

Ok, Rant over.....