Chapter 21

Talia's POV---

Hook looks at me in confusion. This man was my father, my enemy. I hated him for what he had done to me, to Peter, to all my family.

But I had to keep him talking. Because as long as we were talking, Hook wasn't squeezing my heart.

When he squeezed my heart, it was literally the most painful thing I have ever felt in my life, both physically, and emotionally.

Which is really saying something, since this is my life I'm talking about here.

But Hook still looked confused. I had to say something to back up my last statement, 'This is only just the beginning."

He leans in, very, very close to me, and holds the tip of his hook under my chin, forcing me to look up. "Dear, care to explain?" He asks, snarling. I smile cheekily at him. "Nope." I pop the 'p', just like Jack does.

I smile again, even cheekier than before. I pretend to break. "Well actually. Yes. Yes I would." I say. "You see, learning about who my mother was, helped me learn about who I am. Or rather, what I am." I say, shooting Peter a look. Peter gives me a nod, a nod only I had seen.

"I know my mother. I know she was blessed by the mermaids and fairies. I know she was benevolent and caring, and I know she was a healer. But there is one thing I'd love to ask her now, if she could answer: How did she ever fall in love with you?" I ask, ending my sentance with a hateful glare.

He looks VERY angry now...... I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the least bit intimidated. "Your mother fell in love with me before I had the hook." He says. "Before THAT cut my hand off." He spits in Peter's direction. Peter just rolls his eyes. I turn to Peter in mock surprise. "Why ever would you do that, Peter dear?" I feign a british accent, and fake a very lady-like gasp.

Hook snarls. "Yes. Tell your beloved Talia here why you cut off my hand." He says. Peter glares at Hook, and now I realize that this is the age old question, a question asked by even the old fairytales in my old world.

Why do Peter Pan and James Hook hate each other so much?

Peter was shaking with anger and hatred. "Because that was the hand you used to kill my mother!" He yelled angrily. I stared, shocked.

"You killed her! With no idea of the consequences you caused!" He seethed. "You took my mother away from me!" He screamed. "I will not let you take Talia away from me!"

Suddenly, he lunged forward, yelling something unintelligible, and drawing his dagger.
Hook cries out, but his hook is caught at on the corner of his coat. When he jolted, his hand was by his side. Now he was stuck.

Peter had his dagger drawn when he crashed into Hook.
My father and my Peter, fighting each other.
Someone was going to get hurt, and I just hoped that it wouldn't be my Peter.

Hook yelled, and finally ripped his hook from his coat. Peter sank the dagger into Hook's shoulder, I could see it from here.

Gisabell yelled, an agonized, glorified scream, and she let go of my arm. She ran forward, and flung Peter off of Hook. My chest felt battered and bruised, and it was agonizing labor to breath. I dragged myself over to where Peter was groaning, lying on his side. "Peter." I said softly. His eyes were closed, and he was groaing in pain, his right hand clutching his left arm.
That's when I saw it.

The ugly wound, in the middle of his left arm, running down to his elbow. I gasp. The wound doesn't look normal....
I rip the fabric of his sleeve away, and bring my hand up to my mouth, the other hand ever present on my aching chest.
The veins on his arm show, bulging out of his arm, black and ugly. "There, there was poison, on, on Hook's, well, his, his hook." Peter says, managing to smirk through the pain that is evident in his eyes. I nod, holding back tears.

"Hook took my mother from me, There was no way I was lossing you too." He brings a bloody hand to my cheek, and brushes a strand of my hair away. I catch his hand. "You're not dying Peter Pan. Not now, not ever. I refuse to out live you." I say, tears streaking down my cheek. I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn to find Tiger Lily, Calypso, Felix, Tink, Ariel, Jack, and the other Lost Boys are behind us. I don't see the pirates anymore. Jack holds something out to me. It glows, golden and soft, in his hands. I only realize it's my heart when Jack says so. I take it from his hands, and am about to shove it into my ribcage, when Peter stops me. He takes it in his right hand, and chuckles softly.

"What?" I ask him. He smirks. "I stole your heart." Despite the dire situation, I laugh. He smiles, and as gently as possible, pushes my heart back into my chest. I close my eyes, and feel the same gentle breeze from the field with the cornflowers.

I look down, and see Peter smile. "I love you, Talia Vicore." He says smoothly. My expression darkens.