Chapter 17

Eventually, I make it back to camp. Night is falling when I emerge out of the woods and into our camp.

I just then realize that we have visitors.

Tiger Lily, Calypso, and Tinker Bell sit beside the fire. When I walk into the campsite, they stand. "Calypso insisted on talking to you." Tiger Lily says. I nod, and Calypso, known to Talia as Ranger, stands up.

She's wearing a dusty rose colored cotton dress that falls short of her knees, and her platinum blonde hair falls gently down her back. Out of the corner of my eye, I something makes me turn. I see Felix and Tink staring at her.

Felix looks at her, his eyes following her intensely. Eyeing her, really. 

Felix seems to have taken an interest in the Indian's healer.

I start to chuckle, when I notice Tink's expression.

She glances at Felix, and sees him staring. She follows his gaze and they land on Calypso.

She narrows her eyes dangerously. Her cheeks slightly flush, and they look red. She looks at Calypso intensely. 

No, not intensely.

Angrily, hatefully.

I gulp, and pull Calypso into the forest with me, trying to avoid both their glances. 

I can NOT deal with this right now..........

When we're deep enough that no one can hear us, she turns to me suddenly. "She hates you, doesn't she?" She asks right away. I flinch, but nod reluctantly. She sighs. "Don't worry Peter, it's artificial. It's not real. She doesn't really hate you." She says. 

My head snaps up. "How do you know?" I ask. She looks at me, giving me a long, hard look. Then she sighs.

"Come with me." She says, pulling me along behind her. She leads me to the south of the island, where I know it's dangerous. "It's dangerous in the south." I say. She turns to me, and frowns. "I know that you idiot. But it's also where Mermaid's Lagoon is." She huffs, and keeps going. I blink, surprised, but follow behind her.

We arrive on the flat, gray, slate rock of Mermaid's Lagoon. Calypso boldly stepped close to the edge of the Lagoon. I'm about to warn her, when she sticks her hand into the water, closes her eyes, and murmurs a spell under her breath. 

 She stepped back, and looked at me. "Do not speak to her unless she speaks to you first. She's kinda finnicky and restless above water, so be nice." She whispered to me. I nodded, and then suddenly, a mermaid shot out of the water, and landed on the flat rock beside the lagoon.

Her emerald green tail trailed on the surface of the water, forming ripples whenever she dipped her tail into it. She had long, red hair that ended where her tail began. Her eyes were aqua green, clear and watery, like the lagoon's color. Her breasts were covered with purple shells, to my relief.

"Calypso." She says calmly. Her eyes flick to me, and she says, "You want to know about Talia, don't you?" She asks. I nod eagerly, and she smiles. "Well, it's nice to see you really love her."

"Anyway, Calypso was right when she told you that Talia's feelings of hatred were artificial." She says. "She doesn't hate you, and right now, is having a war in her mind about her recent meeting with you and the Lost Boys. Hook used an old and dark spell to tamper with her feelings. He exchanged her feelings of love with her feelings of hate and dislike. So everyone she ever loved or liked, she now hates or dislikes." She closes her, and cocks her head to the right.

"Which is why she's in love with Felix right now." I shot up, realizing I had been sitting for the first time. "What?!?" I yelled. A few mermaids peeked out of the waters of Mermaid's Lagoon to see what the commotion was about. Ariel smiled at my reaction. "No, not really. Just messing with you on that one. I wanted to see how much you really loved this girl." I breathed a sigh of relief, but blushed bright red almost as red as Ariel's hair when I realized I had just fallen for Ariel's test. "But you did the right thing, showing her the bangle. She's thinking about it right now." Then Ariel frowned.