Chapter 22

Talia's POV---

My eyes fly open, and I'm lying on a wood floor. I look around, and see the familiar wood walls and thatched roof of my old childhood house. I scrambble to my feet. "Relax my dear. Your body is under a lot of stress. Calm down a bit." I turn, and see a woman in a black skirt and loose white blouse sitting on the worn blue coach.

She smiles at me. "Do you not remember me?" She asks. I shake my head. She smiles warmly, and walks over to me. "Come. I must show you something." I follow her to the window, and watch as she waves her hand over the glass' surface. The glass turns murky, and then a scene comes up.

The woman beside me is lying down on a small, but comfy looking cot, holding a small baby bundled up in a pink blanket. A young man beside her smiles as he looks at the baby. Then the scene shifts, and its the same woman, and she's holding the baby. She's standing at the door, the young man and her yelling. I can't hear them, I can only see their actions. She sets the baby down in a crib, gives the baby a loving peck on the cheeks, and storms out of the house. 

I watch her as she jumps through a portal, and, with a sad glance back at the house, jumps through. 

The scene goes back to the young man as he slams his fist into the walls of the house. With a jolt, the scenes in the window end, and I stare up at the woman. "Mother?" I ask softly. She smiles sadly at me, and nods.

"I'm so sorry Talia." She reaches out to touch me, but I back away from her. "Why, why did you leave me?" I ask. "To heal people." She says. "To become the Benevolent Caster, I had to sacrifice the family I had built with Killian Jones, your father. He was a sailor, but turned pirate afterwards, and finally, from all he plundered and looted from those three years you were together, he built the Jolly Roger." 

"But I had a dream, a vision, and I knew that I had to go. I had to leave, and go to another land, and heal people." She says. "I told your father, but he didn't understand. So, instead of coming with me, he insisted on staying here. He wouldn't let me take you with me to the Wonderland." She says. 

"But he didn't want me either." I say, biting my lip. She smiles at me sadly. "Oh my dear, your real father loved you and me very much. But when he became James Hook, when he became a pirate, he lost that. He lost his love, and turned bitter. James Hook has no large capacity for love, but Killian Jones could love very much." She says.

I nod, but bite my lip. She smiles, and places a hand on my shoulder. "But I have come here to tell you something much more important than this." She says. 

"Talia my daughter, you have so much power that you cannot comprehend yet. You inherited my ability to change my legs to a tail, but you cannot sprout wings like I did." I nod. "But you are a healer, with or without my inherited magical energy. You have so much magic within you that came to you naturally when you were born. You inherited some of my magic, and the magic from Peter amounts to alot." She says. "You have the potential to become a wielder of magic, either a witch or enchantress. There is a difference between the two. Enchantresses are the benevolent female magic users with the amount of magic you have. Witches are the malevolent female magic users with the capacity of magic you have." 

"If you decide to return to the land of the living, then your true essence will be reveled, and you will be either enchantress or witch. After, it will be up to you whether you want to further your magical ability." My mother explained. I swallowed, and looked at her. 

 "What is your name?" I asked her. "Your name, before everyone called you the Benevolent Caster?" I asked. Her brown eyes shifted down to mine. "My name was Julie Vicore before anything." She says softly. She bows her head, staring at the ground. "That was so long ago...."