Chapter 8

Chapter 8

-- Talia's FULL Past --

Talia's POV---

Should I tell him? Should I tell him?

I've never told anyone my whole past, I never trusted anyone enough for that.

Not even Ranger, not even Ariadne.

I take a deep breath, and begin..

--Peter Pan's POV--

She takes a deep breath, and dives into her story. "I wasn't always an orphan, like I choose to believe and tell people." She says. "My mother really did die giving birth to me, but my father was alright. Unfortunetly." She swallowed hard, and I could tell it was hard for her.

"You know, if it's to hard for you-" She shook her head. "No. I need to say it. I need someone to know." I nod, and let her continue.

"For three years, I lived with him. He was always drinking, and was always away. I didn't miss him. He never hit me, but came very close to it once. I was glad when he didn't come back." She says. "My neighbors brought me to the orphanage. I was almost happy there, almost." She looks sad. "I was never adopted, no one ever wanted me. Just like my father, none of the families who came to look at the children ever wanted to bring me home. Not one considered, not one talked to me or even spared me a long glance. I had a, history.... A history of troublemaking and frequent escape plans."

"It was only me and Ariadne, really. None of the other girls really liked me, no one really cared. Except for Adriadne. But then she left. she left me, alone. I only ever met one other person who actually cared before coming here." She says.

"Who was it?" I ask.

She sighed, the tears in her beautiful, silvery gray eyes starting to dry. "She told me her name was Ranger. I asked if she was actually named that, but she said no. She said she didn't have a real name, her parents never bothered to name her, and if they did, she never knew." I nod.

She looks at me, with those amazing, silver eyes. "No one really cares Peter. No one really cares about me. When I came here, when Felix called me.. what he did, I remembered that was what the other orphans called and treated me like."

"An outcast. A lonely, miserable outcast, that would never fit in, never find someone to care about her." A single tear fell from her eye, and streaked down her cheek.

I gasped, the broken look in her eyes, her hunched shoulders and teary eyes.

This was not Talia. This was not the girl I met on the beach, the girl who had killed her first deer on the island.

Not the girl who had fearlessly jumped out of the oak tree today.

Then I remembered.

Felix brought these feelings back.

Felix.

Felix.

Felix.

Felix was gonna get it.

I hugged her tight to me, and I felt the tears from her face seep into my clothing. I pulled away from her slowly, and lifted her chin up, so she was looking straight into my eyes. "Felix." I said slowly. "Felix is gonna get it."

-- Talia's POV --

"Felix." He says slowly, with menace in his voice. "Felix is gonna get it." He let go of my chin, and stormed out of the tent. I sat on the edge of the bed, stunned. Then I blushed.

Did Peter really care that much for me?

Then I realized.

What did Peter mean by 'gonna get it?' I shot off the bed, and charged out of the tent, just in time to see Peter's fist conect with Felix's jaw.