Chapter 28

A/N---

Congratuations to all my friends in New England!!

MAY YOU ALL ENJOY YOUR SNOW DAY!!!

To all my friends NOT in New England.

I'm sorry, may the day pass by quickly for you....

Anyways, its Wednesday, my updating day, and to celebrate the Snow Day for New Englanders, I'm thinking about doing a double update.

Tell me how that sounds in the comments!!

Peter's POV---

I felt my heart crumbling to ash, my soul ripping from my body. I was devasted, I was agonizingly, painfully aware that I was alive and my Lost Girl wasn't.

I sat there, sobbing quietly, hugging Talia to my chest. 

She couldn't be gone, not really. She had defied death before, defied the rules. I wanted so desperately for her to come back. "I miss you so much already, my little Lost Girl." I whispered into her hair. Her head in the crook of my neck.

I felt warm arms hug me softly. I didn't register whose they were, but they held me close, but loosly.

"Am I so pale that you compared me with glue?" 

My head snaps up suddenly, and I hear a gasp. The first thing I see is Talia's face.

Just like before, ashen and pale. But she looks so different now.

Her beautiful, silvery gray eyes, are open.

They glimmer beautifully in the dying light of the afternoon. The orange flaming sun reflects off of her beautiful dark hair, and she smiles weakly. "I don't believe for second that I'm that pale." 

I look at her in shock. I hug her to me. She pats my back softly. "Peter, Peter let me go please. Your belt is pressing into my wound, and it's very uncomfortable." But I don't really hear her, not really. I can't hear her over my own relief. 

"Peter, GET OFF ME." Her words are slow but firm, and I loosen my grip, but don't fully pull away. "I'm sorry." I breath. "I thought you were dead, and, and, I, God Talia, I missed you so much." I cup her face in my hands and kiss her suddenly on the lips.

She places a hand on my chest, surprised. 

I hear someone clear their throat behind me. "But, how are you alive, exactly?" Ariel asks. "I'm not saying I'm not glad to see you again, but, how am I seeing you again?" Talia's expression darkens.

"I'm still mortally wounded, but there's a certain reason why death was forced to loosen his hold on my body." She says. 

We look at her expectantly. "I am to continue the work of my mother, be a great holder and weilder of magic, and continue in her benevolent footsteps she says." I chuckle quietly. She looks at me, raising an eyebrow. "What?" She asks. I shake my head. "I just missed how you have that way with words...."

She smiled at me, but Calypso interuppted. "How can we heal you then? Even if your soul has returned to your body, we have to heal your body, or you'll just return to death's grip." Talia looked at Ariel.

"You and I both know what I'm thinking, and we both know its the only way to heal a wound like this." Talia gestures to her sotmach. Ariel looks doubtful. "It would undoubtedly heal you, I'm just not sure I can guard you well enough."  

"What?" Felix asks impatiently. Talia looks up. "It's time we use the skills gentically given to me by my mother." She says.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------