Chapter 7

Something Wrong With Chris

When we got back home, I got a surprise from father........
"Meet the air prince, Chris." he said smiling. I stood there frozen. He looked like a dark angel. Pure white hair, but he had wings the color of pitch black. His eyes were black like his wings. He bowed.
"Hello, princess lucia." he said looking up, smiling. I tried to smile back, but I think it came out creepy......
"I want you to spend the rest of the day with him before the wedding." he said smiling once more. Chris walked over to me and offered to hold hands. I smiled and took his hand.
"Farrell! Have a nice day!" Father yelled at us as we walked out. He lead me to the garden in the ice kingdom. I smiled. I loved the scent and look of roses. That's why I asked father to fill our garden with different colored roses. He looked at me.
"Are you one of those people who loves roses?" he asked smirking. I smiled and nodded. He let go of my hand and walked to the table that was in the middle of the garden. I walked over to a bush and took off a glove that I was wearing. A maid walked to Chris and asked if he wanted tea. He nodded smiling.
"Uh, princess....." the maid asked scared. I looked up and smiled.
"yes?"
"would you like some tea?" she said gesturing to the tea. I nodded and walked over to the table while putting on my glove. I sat down next to Chris. The maid poured me a cup of tea and left.
"Scary much?" he asked smirking. I took a sip of my tea and put it down.
"no. Everyone here but father, mother, and Allen, are scared of me." I said smiling. I looked over at the roses again. he laughed.
"Will you pay attention to me for a little bit, and not the roses?" he asked. I looked at him and nodded.
"what do you want to talk about then?" I asked. He sighed.
"About you." he said smiling. He rested his chin on his hand and stared me. I blushed at his answer.
"what do you want to know?" I asked curiously.
"Everything." he said smiling. He looked a little scary, but he will swoo you with the way he acts, which is flirting.....and Otis working on me......
"where do you want to start about me?" I asked. I got to keep it together, I thought. This isn't how I usually act!
"How about...your likes and dislikes." he said observing me. I smiled.
"likes: roses, the color black....don't ask, games like tag....oh! And coffee!" I said smiling. His eye brow rose.
"Coffee?" he asked curiously.
"do you not know what coffee is?" I asked, giggling a little.
"what's so funny about not knowing what coffee is?" he asked sitting up straight. I just remembered......this isn't earth.
"um, never mind about coffee." I said blushing a little bit from embarrassment.
"But please tell me-" he started to say something, but one of my teachers came in.
"Pardon me, but Lucia has weapon training now."the teacher said bowing. Chris nodded. I stood up.
"do you mind?" I asked. Chris shook his head.
" then do you want to come watch me? I-if you have nothing better to do...." I asked blushing. He smirked and got up to follow us to the weapon room.

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"first lets start with the bow and arrow." said the teacher. I nodded and walked over to the weapon wall. I grabbed the bow and arrow and walked over to the area I was supposed to stand. I positioned myself and shot at the target. Missed. I looked at Chris and he was laughing silently at me. My face turned red from anger. I looked at the target again and calmed down. I inhaled and exhaled slowly. Shot and.......bullzye! I looked at Chris again and he was smirking like he could do better. He looked at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and looked away quickly. I focused once more and........it hit almost the exact same place, so in other words, BULZYE! I look at Chris once more and he was still smirking. I don't know what I can do to impress him......

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

I walked down the hallway to my room to change. Just a couple of minutes ago, my father told me we are going to have a ball to celebrate the engagement. I was about to turn the corner when I heard people talking, so I stopped and stood next to the wall.
"she doesn't even know." I heard. It sounded like Chris.
"what are you gonna do once you succeeded the thrown?" I heard another voice. It was a girls.
"I am going to divorce her and marry you." Chris said.
"Good,good. You can go now." I heard foot steps after the girl said that. I heard a snicker.
"Once he marries me, I will have all the power in the magical realm." she said laughing. I guessed she walked off to because I heard clicks. I looked around the corner and no one was there. What am I going to do? Why would Chris do such a thing to? He was nice to...... Somewhat......I finished walking to my room and got ready.

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"Lucia," I heard. It must be Allen coming to get me for the ball. I walked out of my bathroom. I had just finished putting makeup on. I smiled as I got closer to the door, and Allen. He smiled.
"You look good." he said. Darn-nit! I thought he would blush and be all like 'y-you look c-cute!'. I smiled and walked to the door. I opened it and Allen walked behind me and whispered in my ear.
"did you want me to Blush and stamper?" he smirked. I blushed. We walked to the ball room. I smiled as I walked in, because a group of those people who like money and power surrounded me.
"Lucia darling, you look Devine." a old man said.
"Lucia, do you want to dance?" a tall looking person said.
"please, please. Lucia wants to see her future husband." Allen said, making a path for me. When he said future husband, I remembered that lady and Chris's conversation.
"thank you Allen. I will be going now." I said, walking and looking for Chris. He was talking to a tall slender women with long red hair, and red eyes. I walked up to them and smiled.
"hello Chris. Who is this?" I said looking at the red head....More like glaring at her. She smiled.
"I am caroline. Please to meet you." she said facing me. She made me feel short...I had to look up....
"No, the pleasure is mine." I said smiling once more.
"I am a close friend of Chris's." she said leaning down.
"I am going to make you suffer one day." she whispered into my ear. I froze with my jaw open. I looked at her again and she was smiling.
"Chris can I talk to you for a minute?" I said looking at him. He nodded.
"what's up?" he said
"there's something wrong with you, and I think Caroline is doing something that's not good." I said whispering. He looked at me like I was crazy.
"Caroline would never do something bad. Plus I am just fine." he said getting frustrated.
"I heard your conversation in the hall with some lady, and I think that lady is Caroline." I said getting angry as well.
"I don't remember having a conversation with a women earlier today, and why were you snooping?"
"I didn't want to interrupt who ever was talking, plus I heard you talking."
"well I don't, so let's leave it at that." he said, sounding like a girl. My face was red form anger.
"fine then! Don't trust your future wife!" I said stomping my foot. It caused the whole room full of people to star at me. I smiled embarrassed. He smiled also and walked off. Allen walked up to me.
"Lucia what happened." he asked worried.
"nothing." I said trying to calm down, and trying to figure out what had just happened.