Chapter 8

The Rest of the Party

I sat in the throne at the front of the ballroom. I guessed I looked terrible, because I started to notice people starting at me...like I was weird. I sighed and sat up straight, and of course, people stopped staring at me. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I looked to my side to find Allen.

"Um, princess, Daniel is here, and he is getting glared at by a lot of people..." He said pointing to the entrance. Daniel was looking around the room. when he looked in my direction, he smiled. I smiled back, and he made his way to the front of the room. I got out of my throne and made my way towards Daniel. Once we got to each other, I shook his hand. What? we are in front of the entire kingdom. I would hug him if we weren't in front of all of the people here.

"How are you?" I asked, smiling.

"Good, good. Except for the fact that I am getting hateful glances." He said fiddling with his tie. I giggled. I don't know why, but Daniel makes all my worries go away. Daniel looked away, and stood there frozen. I followed his glance, and found Caroline staring back, but smiling.

"Can you excuse me for a moment?" he asked, not staring, but glaring at Caroline. I nodded and watch Daniel walk to caroline. I put my hand over my heart. I don't know why it's hurting, so much. I looked at father, and noticed he looked better than he was for the past few days. I smiled, then all of the sudden all of the lights went out. I heard a scream and rolled my eyes. Typical girly girls, they alway have to scream when something a little bad happens. Since the lights were powered by ice power, I bundled up my power and sent it to the lights, and the lights came back on. I heard another scream, and my eyes averted to father lying on the floor with blood every where.

"NO!" I screamed. Crying, I ran to father, and kneeled next to him.

"I-I am all right. the person who s-stabbed me m-missed my heart..." With that he fainted. I gasped. I stood up angry.

"WHO DID THIS?! WHO STABBED MY FATHER?!" I yelled at every single person in the room. Everyone started to whisper and make scared faces. Like they are scared! They only came here for social! I was fixing to yell again, but Allen came up behind me and stopped me.

"It's ok. We found finger prints on a knife that had blood all over it, dropped by the entrance. The finger prints of a person who isn't here anymore." he whispered in my ear. I nodded, and whipped my tears off.

"Who?" I asked looking at him.

"Caroline. That red head you didn't like. She is a user of fire magic, and she is most common in the magic world, but every time I go to the human world with you, I see her lurking in the shadows. Every single time." He said with a serious look. My face felt hot. I am angry right now, and I feel a little joy since I get to hunt her down and kill her. I must've had a weird look on my face, because Allen backed off. I calmed down and faced the crowed who was staring at me, startled.

"Please leave calmly. I am truly sorry for what you witnessed here. My apologies." I said smiling. They gave me a look and left. Once everyone left I sticked my tongue out at the people who weren't here any more. Allen gave me a weird look.

"What? They looked at me funny." I said crisscrossing my arms. He sighed.

"We need to be serious here. We do not need to act like a five year old." he said giving me a look. I frowned and sticked my tongue out at him. I looked around the ballroom. It had blood, trash, shoe marks, and ect. My face felt warm again. I must be crying. I walked down the steps and exited the ballroom to go to my room to get cleaned up.

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

I looked at my self in the mirror. I look terrible. I have bags under my eyes, I had streaks of red on my face from crying, and my hair is all messed up from running to my father. I am going to kill Caroline once I get my hands on her, for making me look terrible, and for almost killing my father. I walked to my closet and changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I don't car if the maids and butlers, or whoever is in the castle still questions why I am wearing this. I am going to the human world, and I am going to hunt that(almost) murderer down. I herd my door open, and I walked out of my closet to see who it was. it was a maid and she looked terrified after seeing me like this, but she just bowed.

"U-um princess.... your father went into coma for so much blood lost. I gasped.

"T-thank you. Please tell Allen to see me, and tell him it's urgent." I said looking away from her, so she wouldn't see my face. I was in an outrage mode right now, so my face probably looks terrible to.

"Yes, princess." she said leaving.

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"What is it?" Allen asked walking into my room. I looked at him serious.

"Whoa, this must be really serious for you to have a serious face on." he said laughing. I nodded smiling.

"We are leaving for the human world, and we are leaving tonight." I said grabbing a bag.

"What?!" Allen yelled.

"oh, and we are gonna be gone for a while, so tell Chris to take care of the kingdom." I said walking out the door.