-Mika x reader x Guren- pt. 4

I can't believe you want more....
*****************************

...Caught up in a lie...

It has been a month after the attack of humans and after you openly told Guren you don't want to see him. Even though everything has been quiet, Mika had this uneasy feeling in his gut. But that day, the feeling was far the strongest. It was twisting his stomach and lungs, making it almost impossible to breathe.

"Mika, I will be fine! You are so sweet!!" You squealed as Mika didn't want to leave you alone even if you went for the bathroom. Your smile made him feel a bit easier, but he still refused to leave. "Relax. Go read something, rest your brain a bit. You need it, pretty boy." You placed a kiss on his forehead.

You spent the whole day together, laughing, escaping from the cruel reality of war and death around you. When you were with Mika, everything was peaceful. At sunset, you two came back to your rooms, too tired to even think. Mika kissed you and bid you good night before disappearing in the hallways. You smiled softly, entering your room and plopping down on your bed. A loud yawn escaped your mouth which made you realize how tired you were.

Quickly changing to your sleeping attire, you threw yourself on the bed and instantly fell asleep. It almost seemed like it was something in the air that knocked you out so quick...

***

For the whole night, Mika couldn't stop pacing around the room. He was just so worried, even after you told him for the millionth time that day that everything will be just fine.

The clock ticked 6 o'clock, which meant he could go and wake you up.

(Please, I am sorry if vampires don't sleep, it's just crucial for this part. I also apologize for making this mistake earlier in the book.)

Almost running down the hallways, he reached your room and burst in it, only to see your bed empty. His breathing quickened, slowly overfilling his lungs with air. Panicking, that's exactly what he was. A normal person would have thought you just woke up early and went out, but Mika knew better.

Your bedsheets, they were neatly folded on the foot of your bed. It wasn't you who made the bed. It wasn't you who left the room, at least not willingly.

***

You opened your eyes, slowly waking up from your slumber, expecting to see Mika, smiling at you, from the chair opposite of the bed you lay on. Your neck hurt, your muscles felt sore, and suddenly, you realized that you weren't in your room.

Your eyes roamed around the place you were in and you recognized it as... As a human laboratory. You were in a cell, chained down as if some kind of an animal, being held for a scientific research. And that is when it hit you.

You were never in this kind of a laboratory, you were simply a teacher, not having access to these kinds of things, you tried entering few times actually, but Guren showed up out of nowhere, saying you had no concerns about these things.