Chapter four

Livia and I sat and talked, reminding me of the times in our past, the times I missed with her. "You ok?" She asked.
"Yeah, just thinking."
"A penny for your thoughts."
I chuckled, "I haven't heard that in a very long time."
"Whys that?" She asked.
"It's a long story," I replied.
"I've got time."
"Another day, we've got a long week ahead of us, especially if you're to work with me now."
"Yeah, I guess, besides, I've got to get my stuff from Randy's place."
"I'll go with you."
"It's not necessary," she said.
"After the way he left here, I don't trust him alone with you."
She nodded, the two of us walking out to our vehicles. Before she got in, I grabbed her by her waist, pressing our bodies together and said, "I'll always take care of you."

At Randy's house
I followed Livia into the house, Randy was sitting on the couch, a bottle of vodka in his hand. Glass strewn across the room. "I figured he'd come with you."
"Livia, go get the things you need," I said.
She quickly went up the stairs, disappearing around the corner.
"She will come back to me, she always does, especially in the end. But you already know that, you know that I am hers and she is mine."
"She will never come back to you, you and I both know that she is mine. Vince, Linda, Bray, everyone knows that she is mine. Just because she doesn't remember, doesn't mean that she won't."
"It's been over 500 years, what makes you think she will come back to you?"
"She always does."
Livia came back down the stairs, dragging a suitcase behind her, along with three more bags on top of it. I hurried up to her, grabbing everything from her, shaking my head. "Are you trying to kill yourself with this?" I said, motioning behind us.
"Is it too much?" She asked, as we came back to where Randy was sitting. She walked over to the couch, laying her engagement ring on the table beside him. "I'm sorry, but I think we need some space from each other."
He stared at her, anger flaring in his eyes, I walked over, gently taking her hand, attempting to pull her behind me. Randy stood quickly, grabbing her other hand, pressing his mouth to hers. Once he pulled away, he smirked up at me.
I pulled her quickly out the door, grabbing her bags, and getting them into her car, pulling out my phone I called Seth, "Meet me at Randy's, I need you to drop my car off at my place."
"Sure bro," he responded, "be there in five."
Livia was still in a daze, and when Seth arrived, and I got her into the car, grabbing her keys from her shaking hands. Driving off, I took her hand in mine, bringing it to my lips. "Livia, I meant what I said, I will take care of you."
She remained quiet as we pulled into my driveway. Seth went past us, pulling mine into the garage first, us following behind. Seth emerged from my car, hurrying to help Livia out, taking her hand in his, as I took her bags out of the back.
"Seth, why don't you two head inside, and I'll take her stuff up."
"Sure," he replied.
I watched the two of them disappear inside, I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, clicking on the security cameras, watching as her and Seth made their way towards the living room, her eyes widening at the interior of my home. I heard her say to Seth, "And he lives here by himself? This is too much space for one person."
"He doesn't like small spaces."
"What happened in his past that turned him off to love?" She asked.
"That's his story to tell, when he's ready to share it with you, he will. Just whatever you do, don't hound him about it."
I saw her wince, sitting down quickly, "Livia, what's wrong?" Seth asked.
I hurriedly put the suitcase and bags in my room, hurrying downstairs, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.
"Livia is everything ok?" I asked, coming into the living room, "where's your medicine?"
She pointed to her purse. I grabbed it, handing it to her, she dropped it, as her hands starting shaking. Grabbing it, I tore it open, grabbing the bottle, quickly opening the painkillers, shoving them into her hand. She quickly put them in her mouth swallowing.
Once the painkillers started to take effect, I said, "Seth, I'll see you tomorrow, I've got this."
"Just remember what father said."
I nodded. "Livia, why have you been getting migraines?"
She looked down staring at her hands before saying, "A few years ago I had gone to do a business deal for Vince, and the owner of the company after the meeting got underway started flirting with me. It started off innocently enough, but when the meeting ended, and I went to leave, as I got to the door and went to open it, I realized he had it locked from the outside so that I couldn't get out. He grabbed me by the throat," she stuttered, hugging her knees to her chest. "If it wasn't for your brother Seth coming into the office that day, he would've raped me."
"Seth never told me that happened, just that Vince stopped the deal because of what happened."
"He asked me not to tell anyone, well until now at least."
"So I take it the migraines are from what happened."
"Yeah, I still have nightmares about it," she said, shivering slightly.
"Well you don't have to worry about that happening while I'm around. As I said earlier, I'll always take care of you."
"Why me?" She asked.
"I can't explain it right now. I just want you to get some rest, you're going to need it."
I showed her up to the room next to mine, wishing she could be in my bed tonight, but knowing that I had to take things slowly with her. After changing into a pair of sweatpants, I walked over to her room, knocking lightly, leaning against the door. She turned, smiling at me, walking to me, placing her hands on my chest, she kissed my cheek, "Thank you for everything. I really appreciate it."
"See you in the morning, if you need anything, I'm right next door."