Chapter seven

A week later, Livia still hadn't come to my office to work, so I decided to call Vince.
"Hello," he answered.
"Vince, its Roman, Livia hasn't shown up to work here at my office for the last week, is everything ok?"
"No everything's not ok, she got back together with Randy. Shane and Stephanie are wrecking havoc insisting that I'm illegally selling the company to your father, Bray is attempting to turn Livia against me and you. Linda is furious with me that Livia is back with Randy, and it's all your damn fault," he said, hanging up on me.
"Dammit," I yelled, causing Seth and Dean to jump.
"What did he have to say?" Seth asked.
"She's back with Randy," I said, pacing my office.
"Well, you did push her away," Dean said.
"I know dammit, it's always my fucking fault that she goes back to him, don't you think I don't realize that, don't you think I hate it that she's with him and not me? You two don't fucking get it!! I love her too damn much, and there's nothing I can do to stop her from dying."
"Dude, we do see and know how much you love her, but you pushing her away each time has done nothing for the two of you except cause her to die. When are you just going to face the fact that maybe it's not really meant to be?" Seth asked.
I stopped dead in my tracks, turning slowly, I punched Seth right in his face. "How fucking dare you say that? How dare you fucking question my love for her? Get the fuck out of my office, both of you."
"Roman," I heard a soft voice say. Turning around I came face to face with Livia. "Vince told me you called. I'm sorry I just needed some space from you, and I see I was right that I needed it. Look what you've done to your own brother, all because you're being stubborn. And as for Randy and I, it's just that, I do care about him."
"How could you go back to him after what he's done to you?" I asked, my voice dripping with anger.
"You didn't want me around," she answered simply.
I inhaled deeply, "And I have every right to push you away, but you nor anyone else understand what it's been like to live without you, the darkness I've been living in, I can't do this anymore, I can't go through this pain again of losing you."
She stepped closer to me, "You don't have to live without me, as long as we are together."
"No, you don't get it, none of you do, it's my fault that you keep dying."
She growled in frustration, "But I love you, not Randy, I want to be with you, why won't you let me?"
"Dammit, stop Livia, just stop."
She looked up at me, closing her eyes, tears starting to stream down her face. I saw Dean and Seth leave, Seth holding his cheek, I looked down at her, sighing, pulling her into me. My fingers running through her hair. "Livia, trust me, I do love you. I just want you to be safe."
She sniffled into my chest, her arms winding tighter around my waist. "I don't want to live without you. I can't Roman, I can't live without you."
Heavily sighing, I found myself giving into her once again, lifting her into my arms, carrying her out of my office. When we got down to the parking lot, and into my car, I said to her, "Livia, I want you to stop all contact with Randy and the Wyatts, you have no idea how dangerous they really are, trust me on this."
"But...."
"Livia, please for your own safety and for my peace of mind, do this."
"Fine," she said reluctantly, sinking into her seat, folding her arms across her chest.
"Stop pouting, I hate it when you do, especially when I want to make you mine again."
Her head shot up, her eyes widening, "Really?" She asked, biting her lip.
"Only if you stop contact with them," I replied.
She smacked my arm, "You can be a jerk, you know that right?"
"Trust me, I know, but you love me anyhow," I said, sliding my hand onto her thigh, under her dress, she inhaled sharply, "that's payment for what you did the other night."
When we pulled into my driveway, and I put the car into park, she had already unbuckled and slid so that she was straddling me, not giving me a chance to unbuckle my seatbelt, pinning my hands above my head, she kissed me, full of passion and love. My hips bucked, wanting to be buried deep inside of her, making love to her again. She moaned against my mouth, hissing, "Make me yours again."
"Dammit Livia, let me get out of this damn thing, and I will," I said, as she released my hands, unbuckling my seatbelt, I grabbed her waist, sliding the two of us out of the car, her legs wrapping around my waist. I can't tell her no, I can't stop what we are doing, I love her too much to deny her this. No matter how much I want to protect her.
"A penny for your thoughts," she said, her hands cupping my face.
"I love you, no matter how much I want to protect you, I want you."
"I knew you'd see it my way," she said happily, kissing me, my heart pounding in my chest, setting her on the kitchen counter. Her fingers pulling at the hem of my shirt, both of us pulling it over my head, I smirked at her, when she realized that I had her at my mercy, pushing her dress up slightly, pulling her panties off, tossing them over my shoulder. "Mmm," I groaned, my fingers trailing along her thighs. Kissing her deeply, I pulled her to the edge of the counter, kneeling my mouth inches from her, "You really thought I'd give in this easily? Livia, no matter how much I want to make you mine again, I can't, every time I do, you die. I love you too much to let that happen again."
Her cheeks flushed, her lip trembled, she pushed me back, pushing and shoving, hitting at my chest. "How could you do this to me? I thought you really loved me. You're no better than Randy or anyone else for that matter."
I lost it, that last statement sending me over the edge, lifting her into my arms, "Don't ever question my love for you again, do you understand me?" I asked, her eyes wide, scared. "I love you and never forget that, but I can't have you getting killed because of me," I said, dropping her onto the bed in the room she had stayed the last time she was here.
"I'm sorry, I just want to be with you. You're making this so hard. How long has it been since we've been together completely?" She asked.
"A thousand years."