Chapter eleven

I sat on the edge of my bed, staring down at Livia, who was sound asleep, questioning how I was going to tell her that Vince had passed away. I stroked her cheek, running my thumb across her lips, they parted slightly, a moan escaping her mouth. Her back arched, her thighs parting, groaning due to the bulge in my sweatpants, I crawled so I was hovering above her, "Livia, wake up love." Positioning myself between her legs, grinding my growing bulge against her, her hips bucked up.
"Roman," she moaned, her legs wrapping around my waist, her eyes slightly opening.
"Come on baby, it's time to get up," I coaxed, my hand sliding between us, she moaned again, as she became fully awake. "Good morning beautiful," I said, leaning down pressing my mouth to hers.
When I pulled back, she looked at me confused. "What are you doing?" She said trying to push me off of her.
"Giving you a wake up call, since you decided to bury yourself under the covers." She sat up pushing me back onto the bed.
"You confuse me, one minute you want this, then the next you push me away. Why?" She asked.
I ignored her question saying, "Actually why I woke you up, I've got some bad news."
"What is it?" She asked, sitting up.
"It's about Vince," I replied. "He passed away early this morning."
She looked at me in shock, her fingers wrapping around the necklace, I pulled her into me, stroking her hair.
"Shh, it's ok babygirl. I've got you."
"How? Why?"
"Heart attack apparently."
"I've got to go to mom."
"I'll take you, go get dressed, and we can go."
She hurried to the closet, grabbing jeans and a t-shirt, I sat there running my fingers through my hair, conflicted as to telling her the truth about Vince's death or keeping this secret from her. "Roman, can you help me zip this up?" She asked, her back to me, frowning I asked, "I thought you were wearing jeans and a t-shirt?"
"It wouldn't be right, I figured this would be better."

I found myself zipping it up, my hands trailing across her shoulders, caressing them, my hand slid down to her waist, pulling her back against me, her hand wound up around my neck, her head lolling against my shoulder

I found myself zipping it up, my hands trailing across her shoulders, caressing them, my hand slid down to her waist, pulling her back against me, her hand wound up around my neck, her head lolling against my shoulder. Growling I pushed her away, "Livia, I've warned you enough times about dressing like this around me, I love you more than anything, but I cannot and will not let you die because of me."
She sat down on the bed her shoulders slumping, "All I've ever wanted in life is to be with you, and no matter what lifetime, I can't even get that. And now Vince is gone, don't you see, it's already started. Roman, I love you more than anything in the world, all I want is to be with you. Please just give us a chance," she begged.
"I want to be with you as well, but this is just proof as to why I can't get close to you. Everyone you love dies."
She groaned in frustration, standing, taking my hand in hers, placing it on her hip, sliding it around to her ass, her body arching into mine. Shit, I thought, I can't control my desire any longer, I have, no I need her.
"Take that damn dress off," I said through gritted teeth, yanking my belt off.
She looked up at me, her eyes widening, "You're serious?" She asked, her eyes trailing down to the belt in my hand.
"Do you want me to fuck you or not? Because I can easily put the belt back on."
She spun quickly, trying to get out of the dress, bending over, the dress riding up. I stepped up behind her, my hands gripping her hips, she straightened up, turning into me, biting her lip, she licked her lips, her eyes lingering on my mouth.
"Eyes up here baby," I said, my fingers lifting her chin, "if we are going to do this, I want to do it right," I said smirking.
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"I want to marry you, properly this time."
Her arms flung around my neck, "Really? Seriously? You're not toying with me are you?" She asked, her eyes locked with mine, her mouth dangerously close. I knew I had to tread carefully with my answer, and if I could drag out the engagement, then so be it, anything to keep her safe.