Chapter twenty

There was only one other person who I knew could get through to my father, so I went straight to his place, only to find the doors ripped off the hinges, blood coating the walls, crouching down, I dipped my fingers into the blood, the smell reeking of demonic powers. "State your business boy."
"Hello to you too uncle."
"Roman?"
"Yeah, it's been over a hundred years since I last saw you."
"Your father still hate Livia?" He asked.
"Why does he really hate her?" I asked.
"Right before you met her, he and almost everyone we knew were loyal to her father. The night that you two met, was the night your father was to become his right hand man. He has hated the two of you for ruining his chances. And I'm sure the only reason he saved Livia this time was because of Callaway, I'm sure you know what he intends on using her for."
"Yeah, can you help my brothers and I with father, and getting Livia back?"
"Yeah, as long as I get my hands on the Beast at least once. By the way, congratulations on Livia being pregnant."
"Sorry the Beast is gone for good this time."
"It's ok, at least you got rid of him. Your father will be difficult to deal with, especially if he thinks Callaway will accept him after your relationship with Livia."
"He's always been so vindictive towards us, especially her, she's done nothing to warrant such hatred."
"I know, but Callaway wasn't always like this, he used to have good in him, it wasn't until his own brother betrayed him that the darkness consumed him. Besides, it's also believed that Livias mother had an affair with her uncle, just before she became pregnant with Livia."
"So you're saying she may not be Callaway?"
"Oh, there's no doubt she's his, but just the mere thought of her being his brothers drove him to the brink of madness. And with her loving you instead of whom he chose for her, reminds him everyday of his wife's betrayal. That's why he wants to kill your child, to prove that he is superior to everyone."
"Why did father join him?" I asked.
"Callaway wanted to keep an eye on your family, I think he knew deep down that you and your brothers would be his greatest enemies. Callaway even wanted you and your brothers to join him but the Council took the three of you into their fold before the ceremony could be completed. You three were only mere boys when this happened."
"Is that why the fire burns deep in my soul? Waiting to be unleashed."
"Do your brothers feel the fire as well?" He asked, concern etched in his face.
"No, they don't know about this, why?"
"It's not important, go, find Livia, I'll deal with your father."
I left hurriedly trying to soak in what my uncle had said, stopping short when I saw lightning strike in front of me. "Callaway," I muttered.
"Reigns, I see your powers have grown since the last time we met. Destroying my Beast, did you have a nice little chat with your uncle?" He said smirking.
"Where's Livia?"
"Oh she's someplace safe from you. Can't say the same about your little girl though."
Flames licked up my sides, my power out of control, rage flooding through me. I knew deep down he was lying, but I couldn't help but be pissed off that he would attempt to kill my child. "You will die Callaway, there will be no more lifetimes for you, Mark my words, I can and I will find Livia and our child, and you won't be able to stop us from finally having our lifetime together."
"I didn't come here for that, I came for you, I don't give a damn about Livia or that child, it's you who's always been my focus, you have always been the strongest of your brothers. The power that consumes you each time, stronger than the last. But my dear boy, I can offer you so much more than love, and family, you can have any woman you want to lie in your bed. You can have the power that you crave. The darkest desires of your heart."
"Anything I want huh?" I said playing along, "My darkest desire, is for you to watch as Livia gives birth to my child, a child born out of love and family. You can offer me everything in the world, and I would never take it, because I have all I need with Livia."
"Foolish boy, you will regret this decision, and you will regret the day you ever stole Livia from me."
He vanished into the night. I sunk to the ground, my head pounding, my fingers brushing against Livias ring that still hung around my neck. My eyes closed focusing on her, the faint heartbeat I could feel pulsing in between my fingers. Her features coming into view, my eyes narrowing when I realized my father had taken her to our home. Moments later I found myself standing on the porch, striding into the living room, Livia sitting there, her knees curled up to her chest. When she saw me, I held up a finger to my lips, silently walking to her, when I got to her, she curled into me, her arms wrapping around my neck. "Where's my father?" I asked her.
She pointed towards the dining room, I took her hand, pulling her behind me towards it, stopping short when I saw my uncle and father faced off. "Son, I had no choice, he was going to kill all of you. Not just her. Believe me, I don't want her to die."
"That's not what you told Seth."
"That boys a liar. You know how many times he's betrayed you over the years."
"But he always comes back to the family. You constantly betray us and don't regret it one bit. You tried selling her back to Callaway because you know what he did to us when we were boys."
"You told him? You fucking told him? Callaway will kill us all now. You won't survive mark my words, you and he are bound together, and not because of her."
"No, it's because of her, I will survive, she and our daughter give me life," I said, turning away from my father, looking down at Livia. "Are you ok love?" She nodded, as my hands pressed against her stomach, our foreheads touching, my eyes closing, Livias heartbeat strong against mine, that's when I heard the faint heartbeat of our daughter. Our daughter, my daughter, my baby, my creation.