Chapter twenty eight

The memories swirled in my mind, I could hear them talking, the pain laced in Livias voice, the anger in Deans, the sorrow in Seths and the regret in Sami's. She finally knew the truth about her mother. I hated keeping the secret from her, but it was necessary to protect her. A part of me regrets that Livia is pregnant, but that's the demon half of me, the guardian/human half is beyond happy. All I wanted was to get back to her and our unborn daughter. I could feel in my heart that something was going on with Livia, I could feel the fire ignite. I felt a hand caress my cheek, a faint lavender smell, Kaila loved the scent of lavender. My eyes opened, and there she was. "I wondered when you'd show up," she said smiling. "I've missed you."
"You're dead," I stated.
"Of course I am, I'm just your memory, you shouldn't push her away you know?" She said.
"You know why I have to."
"She will accept you, she has always been willing to accept you."
"Can she? Can she truly accept me for who and what I am?"
"She will always accept you, she loves you truly. This child she carries should be proof enough for that."
I turned away from her, thinking, could she be right? Can Livia truly love me after what I've done? The pain I've caused? My heart says yes, but my head is screaming no. The destruction I've caused, the pain she's endured, the lives we've shared. It all leads back to him, it all leads back to my former self. The night I left and she slipped into an unending cycle of love and loss. Unable to break the curse I had brought down upon us. Two halves of my shattered soul, One Guardian, One Demon, both unwilling to yield to the other. I know she battles the same. The Fates have guided us here, but to what cost to our souls, to our daughters souls? She needs to be set free from this unending pain. But how can I when I'm trapped in this unending darkness of hate? I need to set her free. As her one true Guardian, Nothing else matters.