Chapter twenty-four

Seths POV
Livias eyes widened, "Me, did he know?"
"Yes, he knew, but once you were born, Callaway took you from him. Roman searched for you for years. Until the night on the balcony at the Authority's house.
"Livia, as we said, he's been protecting you since before you were born, but that doesn't change the fact that he loves you. He probably never told you but the first part of that prophecy about the two of you read: There comes a child born of darkness, even though the mother is of love, darkness will consume the child until her Shield comes into their power. He will fall to save her, risen from the darkness she will ascend into the light, love guiding her into his arms that night. He will struggle with the war inside, his mind not willing to bend, but his heart lighting with fire that night."
"He knew who I was, he knew about the prophecy, but why hide it from me?"
"Because Callaway doesn't know how the prophecy ends, Roman is the only one who does. The night the Shield was born, each of us were told our own prophecy, except the first and second part of yours, everyone knows that, even Callaway. But Livia the only reason Roman knows the prophecy between the two of you is because your mother told him. Callaway tried for years to get the prophecy from your mother, ultimately seducing her into his bed, convincing her it was Roman that night."
"So my mother, she didn't know?" Livia asked.
"No, my sister had no idea that Callaway was your father, she died moments after you were born. But don't get me wrong, she loved you more than anything. She wanted you protected from Callaway, that's why when she found out she was pregnant, she asked Roman and us to unite. Unfortunately we couldn't save her, and once Callaway knew she died, stole you from the palace. Roman tore through everything looking for you. For years he would search looking for you. Until our father joined up with Callaways men and the Authority. Little did we know, but they had hidden you in plain sight. Roman was beside himself wanting to just burst in and take you away. But as you know, it didn't go down that way. Dean and Seth had gone off to keep Hunter, Shane, and Stephanie at bay. Roman and I headed to find you, unfortunately I got separated from him during the chaos, a fire had been unleashed, from what I understand, Roman found you and Randy," Sami said.
"Yes, they went over the balcony, I ran, thinking that he was Callaway. So I hid, until Roman found me, his eyes piercing into my soul."
"Did Roman say anything to you that night?" I asked.
"The only thing he said was, 'and so it begins.' That night, he wouldn't let go of me, I thought it strange, but I knew he felt familiar."
"Your souls recognized each other, two halves to one soul."
"Yes, so this means, we are family Sami?" Livia asked.
"Yes, you are my niece."
"But you said that Roman hadn't seen me until that night, but that's not true. He and I did see each other one other time. I was with Stephanie and Shane, I was only five at the time, they 16 and 18. They hated that they had to take me with them, at one point they ditched me, leaving me alone. I sat in the corner, scared, not knowing where to go, when I felt someone lift me into their arms. He sat me down on his lap, I could hear Vince and Linda calling for me, but I didn't want to go. I just wanted to stay with him. When they finally found us, Vince was horrified. He kept mentioning that Callaway could never find out. Before I left he gave me this," she said, pulling a necklace from around her neck.

I looked at Sami, realizing what this meant, that Roman, had set this up so that her and the child would indeed be protected

I looked at Sami, realizing what this meant, that Roman, had set this up so that her and the child would indeed be protected. He was just stalling for time all these years, until she would be pregnant. Even though we knew it was hard on him losing her all these times, it would be worth it in the end. I just have to get Roman to come back, and Livia and the baby are the key. I think she even knows that, but then again I think there's a lot more that she knows that she's not told anyone.