Chapter nineteen

I heard my employees screaming, the fear echoing through their minds, the door to my office ripped off its hinges. "Finally, I thought you had gotten lost like always," I said laughing.
He flexed stalking towards me, shaking my head, he was a man of few words, but in all the time we had fought, I would narrowly escape with my life, and this time I knew would be no different. So I stood, staring intently at him, "Let's get this over with, because we both know that your Master is a coward and won't fight his own battles."
He lunged at me, sidestepping him, I felt the fire rising again, his human form diminishing into the Beast I had known for centuries.

"He lunged at me, sidestepping him, I felt the fire rising again, his human form diminishing into the Beast I had known for centuries

It was then that I noticed this was the perfect time to strike, amidst his change, the fire licking up my hand as I struck. He whimpered in shock, the flesh charring, roaring in anger now as his change completed, however, it wasn't as before, it was half Beast, half man. I knew I had a chance to destroy him once and for all, I just needed the sword. Glancing around I knew it was in Livias possession when we took over Justice, I just had to stall for time. It hit me when I thought of Livia, where would she put it? Smirking, she would leave it for me to easily find, somewhere she knew I would snoop. Opening her desk drawer, I grabbed the sword, pulling it swiftly out, as the Beast charged me. Swinging, narrowly missing, the Beast howled in rage, as he charged again, and again, my strikes glancing off, until I noticed the skull at his waist, I had never really noticed it before, it was the only place I had never struck him before. As he charged me again, I ducked, flipping him into the air, pushing the sword above me, as the Beast came down, the sword penetrating him. The blood flowed quickly from him, cascading down me, the stickiness of it coating my skin. The Beast howled in pain, as I knelt beside it, "Valiant as always, but this is the final time we shall meet my old friend, give my regards to your Advocate when you reunite in Hells afterlife."
Standing, I hooked the sword into my belt, quickly transporting to my home, calling out for Livia. I was met with dead silence, my home in shambles, running to where Livia should be hidden, I saw Dean and Seths prone bodies, my mother cowering as I neared her. "Mother, what happened? Where's Livia?"
"Your father, he set this up."
"Are they?"
"No, just unconscious, he took Livia, he's taking her to him."
"How long ago?" I asked.
"An hour, tops."
Shit, I thought, I have to find her, I can't lose her, not now. I can't let this be the end.