Chapter 2

Recap:
"Excuse us," Yūri called.

"Our regular hours are over." The lady putting up the ice skates then saw who had came.

Yūri fidgeted nervously while Y/n had a cheeky smile.

"It's been a while, Yuko-san," Yūri said

"Yūri-kun? Y/n-chan?" Yūri nodded still fidgeting. Yuko jumped up leaving on the counter. "Oh, come on! Call me Yu-chan!"

"S-sorry," Yūri apologized.

"Yu-chan! Long time no see!" Y/n jumped the counter and nearly knocked Yuko over in a hug.

"Haha! You guys came to skate, right? Go ahead," Yuko said with a smile.

"Huh? I can?" Yūri asked taking off his hood.

"You want to skate alone for now? I'll protect you."

"Hey! That was supposed to be my job!" Y/n whined. Yūri blushed a bit.

"Thanks," he said.

'Yu-chan was my rink mate and two heads my senior before I met Y/n.

When we were little, she was really good at skating. She was my idol, the Madonna of Ice Castle Hasetsu. She's still cute, too.'

Yūri laced up his figure skates. Y/n laced up a pair as well. Yuko stood at the counter doing some work. She looked over and smiled at the two.

Flashback

A young Yūri finished skating so he went over to were Yuko waited.

"Ta-da!" Yūri said posing.

"Wow, Yūri-kun!" Yuko exclaimed. Yūri laughed with his hands behind his head. Someone then came and knocked him over.

"Stay out of my way, fatso!"

"Takeshi-kun, don't be mean to the new kid!" Yuko scolded.

"Fatso! Fatso!" Takeshi repeated. Yūri sat up quickly and frowned.

"Hey!" Yuko yelled.

One time the kids were watching Viktor Nikiforov skate. He won gold at the Junior World Championships in Sofia, Bulgaria.

"Russia's Viktor Nikiforov... He won the gold in the Junior Worlds with the highest score in history!" Yuko exclaimed eagerly watching the tv. "He's so cool!" She added watching Viktor spin. At that time, the famous skater has long hair which was tied into a pony tail.

Yūri's eyes widened in awe while Takeshi remained unimpressed.

From the day, he and Yuko would practice skating like Viktor. "Viktor would go like this!" Yuko would say as the two moved together in perfect harmony.

Yuko held up a magazine for Yūri to see. "This says Viktor has a poodle. His poodle's super cute!"

"Wow, so cute!" Takeshi ignored them and read his own magazine.

After that, Yūri got his own poodle puppy. "Huh? You have a poodle now, too?"

"Yeah. I named him Viktor," Yūri said. Yuko giggled.