Chapter 18

"Although Seung Gil Lee recovered after a fall on his early quadruple loop, he suffered a huge loss in the standings and lost hope of advancing to the Grand Prix Final." Seung Gil got up and walked off ignoring the audience's applause. "But we can look forward to seeing him in the Four Continents Championships."

Yūri was stretching in the lobby. Y/n sat off to the side. Seung Gil walked past them with his caoch. He held his head down and clenched his teeth, tears running down his face. Yūri felt bad but didn't know what to say. Y/n went after him.

"Lee Seung Gil," she called. Seung Gil wiped his tears away before looking back at Y/n. "Don't cry," Y/n said in Korean. "You did great. Good luck at the Four Continents Championships."

"You speak Korean?" Seung Gil asked in shock.

"Well, I think it's important that I do since I'm from Korea." Y/n got out of the wheelchair and limped over to him. Seung Gil tensed up from the hug Y/n was giving him. "It was awesome to watch a fellow Korean skater. Keep up the hard work and I'm sure you'll qualify next year." She gave him a smile before heading back to where Yūri was. Seung Gil remained motionless; his cheeks were dusted pink.

"Y/n, you shouldn't be standing up," Yūri said. Y/n puffed her cheeks.

"You and Viktor both! Fine, I sit down if it makes you both hap-hey, Yurio's next! Will you be okay if I were to go and watch?" Y/n give him puppy dog eyes. She knew she promised Viktor that she would stay by Yūri's side, but Y/n had never seen Yurio's free skate live. Yūri slowly gave in.

"I guess-omph." Y/n tightly hugged him nearly crushing his spine.

"Thank you Yūri! I promsie after this I won't leave your side." Yūri watched her leave still looking in the same direction even after she disappeared around the corner.

He didn't want to tell her no. The one thing Yūri hated the most was seeing Y/n upset. That's why he didn't tell her that he'd feel scared and alone if she went to watch Yurio.

~*~

"Here on his home turf, we have Yuri Plisetsky, age 15, in third place after the short program." The audience chanted his name. Yuri's grandfather smiled seeing his grandson. Y/n sighed in relief seeing that she made it just in time considering she still hadn't mastered moving in a wheelchair. "Just listen to those cheers!"

Yurio closed his eyes. His hair was pulled back into a pony tail and he was dressed in a pink, black, and red costume that Y/n hadn't seen before. 'I'll win the first gold of my senior debut here!' The fast classical song started and Yurio was already doing spins and turns.

"He is skating to "Allegro Appassionato in B Minor." The program was choreographed by Lilia Baranovskaya, former principal of the Bolshoi Ballet." Yurio moved quickly and elegantly to the tempo of the music.

"For Yuri Plisetsky's senior debut, they've chosen a piece well known for its difficulty and heart-pounding intensity. He's been allowed to attempt quads since his senior debut. Here's the first of two in this program." The crowd cheered loudly when Yurio landed the jump.

"Go Yurio!" Y/n cheered sticking with the nickname created for him hoping he'd hear the difference from the crowd.

"As in his short program, he landed that with confidence!" Yurio slowed down a bit preparing for the next jump. "A triple axel from a spiral." He landed it flawlessly.

"That was really high," Mila stated. "Donesn't he seemed to psyched up?"

"That's right," Lilia said. "Dance with beauty. Beauty is a crushing force of righteousness! Strength means nothing without beauty."