Chapter 11

Merry Christmas! It's Viktor's birthday!

"Makkachin, behave while I'm gone, okay?" Viktor said squeezing his dog's cheeks. Yūri and Y/n stood by the door bundled up since it was cold outside. "Don't you dare steal any steamed buns." He hugged his dog.

"Viktor, we're going to miss the flight!" Yūri exclaimed. He finally came along. Y/n exhaled seeing her breath appear in the air. "Okay, I'm off to Beijing."

"We'll be rooting for you," Hiroko said waving with a smile.

"Good luck Yūri," the triplets chanted.

"I'll be right behind you!" Minako added.

Y/n pressed against the window trying to look out at the clouds and the ground below them. She practically trampled Yūri wanting to sit by the window. Viktor sat in the middle with Yūri by the aisle. "I haven't flown coach in a while," Viktor said. "Want to get some champagne?"

"Um, Viktor, can I get some sleep?" Yūri asked.

"Sleep is for the weak," Y/n said though in most likely five minutes she'll be knocked out.

"I'm surprised you can sleep in such a cramped seat!"

As predicted, Y/n fell asleep not even five minutes later. Instead of laying her head on the plane, she leaned on Viktor's shoulder. Viktor leaned on Yūri who was the only one with a neck pillow and fell asleep too. Y/n had brought a blanket, but she and Viktor hogged most of it.

'Hello. I'm Katsuki Yūri, one of the top men's figure skaters certified by the JSF. And at last...'

~*~
"Welcome to the Figure Skating Grand Prix Series, where the top figure skaters will compete to determine the world's best figure skater. This event marks the start of the race to the podium.

At Skate America, Leo de la Inglesia won his first gold in his home country, while Guang-Hong Ji placed third. Both will now compete in the Cup of China.

At Skate Canada, Jean-Jacques Leroy, the bronze medalist at last year's Grand Prix Final, won the gold. We also saw an awe-inspiring Yuri Plisetsky, age 15, win silver at his first senior event.

And finally, tomorrow will be our third event in the series, the Cup of China. Japan's late bloomer, Katsuki Yūri, age 23, will be aiming for his second consecutive Final qualification. He declared his program theme to be "love."

~*~

"Huh? How much power of love do I have?" Yūri questioned. Reporters gathered around him, Viktor, and Y/n.

"Yūri, let's go have hot pot already," Viktor insisted.

"Can we? I like the sound of food," Y/n said.

"Hey, I'm in the middle of an interview!" Behind them, Yakov and another person walked by.

"Hey, Yakov!" Viktor gabbed the back of his coat. "Hey, hey. Want to come eat hot pot with us?" He asked following him. Yakov didn't respond. "Hey, why are you ignoring me?"

Yakov stopped and looked back at him. "Viktor. Listen, I feel sick when I see you playing pretend-coach. I'd prefer if you'd only talk to me when you're ready to plead for your return to skating. Got it?"

Viktor stared at him blankly before going back to Y/n and Yūri. He held Y/n's hand and draped one arm over Yūri's shoulders. "Yakov's not interested. Let's go."

"Yay! Food!" Y/n cheered.

~*~

"Look, Yūri! Y/n! Shanghai crab! Drunken shrimp! Duck blood!" Viktor eagerly tried the shirmp. "Vkusno!"