Chapter 25

It was Yūri's big moment.

And Y/n couldn't be there to watch.

The last thing she remembered before she blacked out from severe pain was Viktor asking if she were all right.

Now, a depressed aura hung over her as she watched replays of the figure skating finals from a bed in the Korean hospital.

Upon arriving awaking up at the Seoul airport in complete and utter confusion with Taehyung, Min-jun and her mother at her side, Y/n hadn't said a word. She didn't eat, drink, or let alone acknowledge anyone. Her phone had been shut off so she wouldn't get hundreds of calls and texts from her friends.

Y/n felt that if she talked with them, she's burst into tears from the amount of guilt she felt.

It was Yūri's big day. And she failed to be there. She let her pain get the better of her and she couldn't be there.

Y/n felt weak. She felt pitiful.

At the Grand Prix, it was Yurio who came in first place with a total score of 319.53. Yūri came in second with 319.41. So close, but not enough to overtake the 15 year old.

Y/n turned off the tv not wanting to watch the interviews. She just knew Yūri would mention her and Y/n didn't have the heart to hear it.

The doctor knocked on the door then came in with Taehyung and their mom.

"Hello Miss Kim, how are you this morning?" asked Dr. Han.
Y/n shrugged not looking at the man. "We'll begin with the surgery in 10 minutes. Are you ready?"

"...yes..."

No I'm not, she thought.

Dr. Han pat her shoulder. "The nurses will come to prep you in a few minutes. Until then, your family wanted to be with you." He excused himself, shutting the room door behind him.

Once he left, the waterworks started flowing. Taehyung got into the bed and cradled his baby sister in his arms.

Y/n's heart ached as she bawled. She hated herself. There wouldn't be any way for her to face Yūri or Viktor ever again. She had already left once. A second time was be too much.

"Why you sad lil sis?" Taehyung whispered.

"My friends... I couldn't be there..." Y/n cried. "After all we've been through, I wasn't able to be there for the climax of our journey." Y/n gripped his shirt burying her head into his chest. Taehyung pulled her closer. "They'll be mad at me. Maybe even hate me."

"First of all, the could never hate you. Second of all, your friends were all extremely worried for you, but you know Yūri didn't know until after his performance? Viktor didn't tell him because he knew you wouldn't want him to worry and risk bombing his performance again this year. So in a way, you still helped him."

"But... he didn't win..."

"But he made it in the top three." Taehyung pulled away and wiped Y/n's tears with his thumb. "And that's a hell of a lot better than last place. You and Viktor both did that. You helped him improve and gain his confidence back which is all that matters."

Dr. Han returned with the anesthesiologist. A wave of anxiety suddenly hit Y/n as the risks and possible complications of being under suddenly swarmed her mind. She gripped Taehyung's hand.

"It'll be all right. Mom and I will be there when you wake up." Taehyung missed her forehead and got off the bed.

"Are you ready Miss Kim?" Dr. Han asked.

"Yes."

~*~

Y/n dreamed of the first time she tried ice skating. She remembered it clearly.

It was Taehyung's tenth birthday and they went to the ice skating rink. Y/n remembered laughing at Taehyung and his friends tumble, fall, and crash into the walls in order to stop.

But that wasn't what sparked her interest in skating. It wasn't Viktor. It wasn't her parents or brother. It was a failure which lead to resilience.

A famous Korean figure skater had came in to practice. She looked absolutely stunning in her performance outfit. It was a shiny blue leotard with a flowing skirt. Her skates were white with matching shoelaces that never seemed to untie. She skated to a traditional Korean song performing various tricks and twirls that had Y/n mesmerized.

It was then Y/n wanted to learn how to skate.

However, the moment she stepped on the ice, Y/n's ass fell... hard and she slammed her face into the ice. She practically flopped like a fish on the slippery surface as she slipped and slid while trying to stand. Her mother had to come get her since Y/n was struggling too bad.

Y/n held her nose feeling blood drizzle down from it. There was a large circular red mark on the ice from where she had face planted.

Close to a hundred eyes remained glued to her. Y/n had all the attention.

And not in a good way.

Mortified since several people, including her brother an his friends, were laughing, Y/n had ran to the bathroom unknowing that the professional skater had followed her. While Y/n was sitting in the corner trying to stop her bleeding nose and trying not to cry at her failure and pain the skater approached her.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "Did it hurt really bad when you fell? Y/n nodded. "Yeah. I get that. The first time I skated, I couldn't figure out how to stop, so I slammed into the wall and lost my tooth."

Y/n giggled. "Really?"

The skater sighed. "Not my proudest moment but yes. Yet I still got back up, mouth bleeding, nose broken and all."

"But why would you continue doing something when you know you're really bad at it?" Y/n asked sadly.

"Because no matter what..." the skater held Y/n's hand. "Your heart will lead you back to the place where you were meant to be."

~*~

I can't quit.

The ice is where I belong.

I don't want to stop performing.

I don't want to stop skating with Viktor and Yūri.

A/n
I'm back and I finally updated!

Maybe not my best chapter but I wanted to write about what sparked Y/n's interest in skating. Plus I was too lazy to rewatch the last episode to figure out what went on.

Any ways.... one last chapter then I can officially call this sorry completed.