Chapter 15

Moscow Russia

The airport was busy. Planes were taking off and landing. Yurio walked with his hands in his pockets through the airport with Lilia, Yakov, and Mila.

"Look! Yakov's team is here!" Someone exclaimed. Yurio's eyes widened. Several girls held up signs and wore cat ears.

"Yuratchka!"

"Yuri!"

"Mila, watch my luggage," Yurio said. He pulled his hood down more.

"Huh?" When she turned around, Yurio was gone. "Oh. Coach Yakov, Yuri's disappeared."

"Oh, yeah. His family in Moscow's coming to pick him up," Yakov explained.

~*~

Yurio walked out of the airport.

'My name is Yuri Plisetsky. In my senior debut, I'm aiming for number one in the world. I'm the ice tiger of Russia.' Yurio heard a car door shut.

"Oh, Yuri!" An older man called. Yurio ran toward him and wrapped his body around him giving the man a tight hug.

"Grandpa!" There was a crack then Yurio's grandfather was on the ground holding his back. "S-sorry," Yurio apologized. "I forgot you had a bad back."

~*~

"Yuri, I made my usual pirozhkis for you," his gradfather said. Yurio took a bite of the food.

"Grandpa, have you ever had a pork cutlet bowl?"

"Pork cutlet bowl?"

"I had them back in Japan. A girl I met made them and they're really tasty!" Yurio's grandfather didn't say anything for a minute, only focusing on the road as he drove.

"Are the pirozhkis not very good?"

"No, that's not what I meant."

"And who's this girl? Is she cute?"

"N-no. I-I mean yes. I mean, she friend."

"Our national hero, Viktor Nikiforov, has returned to Russia as a coach in the Figure Skating Grand Prix Series," said the person on the radio. Yurio took another bite of the pirozhki not saying anything.

~*~

At Star Hotel

"How do you feel about returning to Russia?" A reporter asked.

"When will you return to skating?"

"Until the Grand Prix Final is over, I won't comment on any future plans," Viktor answered. He wore a pair of black sunglasses and held a cup of coffee in his hand. "Right now, I see a lot of potential in Katsuki Yūri's skating." Yurio who was walking by stopped to listen. "I'd like you all to focus on Yūri at the Rostelecom Cup."

'I'm in it too!' Yurio thought angrily.

"If the skater Yūri has that much charisma, don't you want to face him as a fellow competitor?" A female reporter asked. Viktor didn't say anthing. He then pointed at Yurio.

"Hey, it's Yurio!"

Yurio tensed in fear. "He's right!"

"It's Yuri Plisetsky!"

Viktor took off his sunglasses and gave Yurio a side hug, much to the teen's dismay. "Did you all see the short progam I put together for Yurio?" Yurio smacked the coffee out of Viktor's hand. It spilled on the floor.

"Quit acting like you're still the top Russian figure skater. I'm the star of this event!" Viktor just smiled.

~*~