Chapter 6

A large amount of people, as predicted, lined up to enter Ice Castle to watch the competition.

"We're here at Ice Castle Hasetsu, venue of the Hasetsu Exhibition: Hot Springs on Ice." Morooka turned to Yūri and Yurio. "Right off the bat, we have skaters Katsuki Yūri and Yuri Plisetsky.

Both of your new short programs were choreographed by Viktor Nikiforov. You'll be presenting them today in competition. Tell us now you feel going into the event!"

"Um, it'd be great of you'd try the hot springs afterward," Yūri said nervously.

"Hey! We're not asking you to promote tourism! Promote yourself," Mooroka interrupted.

"We don't need to Yūris. I'll crush him," Yurio said flatly.

"Yes, that's it! Thanks for giving us what we wanted to hear! Spasibo, spasibo."

"Ne- Yūri, have you seen my ice skates?" Y/n asked walking by but staying out of the camera. She wore her customized sport jacket that she wore before a performance and the pants to go with it.

"I think Yuko moved them to the back."

"Oh ok."

"Y/n-san wait!"

"Hm?" Cameras focused on her.

"Rumor has it you are taking this season off as well," Mooroka said.

"Yes. That is correct."

"How come?"

"This season I'm going to be Yūri's manager. Next season, we're going to go for the gold together but I'm confident he'll win today." Y/n then bowed. "If you'll excuse me."

"She's really different on camera,"
Yurio mumbled.

"You have no idea," Yūri said.

"Last but not least, let's hear from Viktor Nikiforov, who's switched to coaching out of the blue!" Mooroka moved out of the way to reveal a cheerful Viktor.

He wore blue robes and had a sash on that said Hasetsu. "Hi! Hasetsu is a great place. Come and visit at least once!"

"What are you doing Viktor?" Yūri asked embarrassed. He and Yurio walked toward him.

"Huh?"

"Stop that!" Yurio said. "It makes today's face-off look cheap! You better be ready to evaluate our battle!"

"You'll grant the wish of whichever one of us wins, right?" Yūri asked.

"Oh..." Was all Viktor said. He had a blank look. "Of course!"

"You forgot, didn't you?"

~*~

'Thank you for coming to Hasetsu Exhibition: Hot Springs on Ice, presented by Viktor Nikiforov and Kim Y/n.

"Wow, this is amazing," Minakao said holding up a banner. The triplets stood in front of her. "How many years has it been since so many people were in this rink?"

Yūri warmed up. He had his earbuds in and listened to music. Yurio did the same.

"Yurio-kun," Yuko called. Yurio removed his headphones. "It's almost time. You'll go after Y/n."

"After Y/n?"

"You guys didn't know? Y/n's the opening act before you two."

'First up, we have a performance by Kim F/n.'

"Hurry, she's about to start," Yuko ushered.

~*~