Chapter 24

"Okay, because everyone was worried you went missing, you wanted them to believe that I flew in to see the Final so you met me at the airport?" Taehyung clarified.

Y/n nodded. "And I stayed at your hotel. Also, when the Final ends, I'm just going to go back to Korea with you to get the surgery."

"Okay... you thought this last minute didn't you?"

"I panicked okay? I screwed up but I don't like to admit when I'm wrong so it was the only thing I could think of!"

Taehyung just looked at her. "Am I wrong? Am I wrong? Am I wrong? Am I wrong?

Y/n face palmed. "No. I am not wrong."

"Did you think about how your friends would feel?"

"No-stop using what I say against me! You're supposed to take my side oppa!"

Taehyung frowned slightly.

"I'm not because honesty, you all are wrong and childish. If you were truly Yūri's friend, you wouldn't disappear for a night and you'd stick by his side so he can overcome his fears. If Yūri was your friend, he'd appreciate all that you've done and clear any doubts you have. And if Viktor is supposed to be the coach, he'd make an effort to change Yūri's mind about quitting. You all don't communicate. You're quick to blame yourself for your own mistakes but you just let each other tear yourselves down instead of helping to build each other up. That's why you're all so upset."

Y/n looked away from him arms crossed.

Taehyung sighed.

"Y/n, you're going to make mistakes. That's just how going through life works. But part of growing and getting better is realizing when you're at fault. What you did was dangerous! Imagine if you had left the country or if someone reported to the police. With you being a famous skater, that news would spread worldwide in minutes. Stop being so stubborn for once."

Y/n sighed. "You know, I don't know what I hate more. How smart you sounded or how right you are," she said. Taehyung chuckled.

"When we meet them at the Final, apologize."

"Fine."

The two got into the taxi when it arrived. It'd take them to where the Final was being held.

"How'd you even manage to get away? Wouldn't someone question you at the airport alone?"

"I talked with the manager before I left. So don't worry about me." Taehyung patted his little sister on the head. She swatted his hand.

"Don't mess up my hair! It took too long to style it."

"It took too long to put it in a pony tail?" Taehyung questioned.

"There's no such thing as a perfect pony tail."

~*~

"This is the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. Tonight, we'll know it world champion.

We have Russia's Yuri Plisetsky in first, with the highest ever short program score.

Can you hear, my heartbeat?

"Otabek Altin, the hero of Kazakhstan, is in second at his very first Grand Prix Final."

Tired of feeling, never enough I,