Chapter 13

Happy belated birthday Guang-Hong. I really wanted to update on his birthday but my cousin was like, let's have a sleepover and it'd be rude to say no. Especially if food was provided. Any way, happy birthday little cinnamon roll.

~*~

'I'm Katsuki Yūri, a figure skater representing Japan who's in the middle of the Grand Prix Series' Cup of China! I ended the short program in first place after scoring a personal high score! I'm now withing reach of my first victory in a Grand Prix Final Series event!'

At the hotel, Yūri sat on the bed talking to Takeshi on the phone. "We got really fired up!"

"That was the hottest performance ever!" Yuko exclaimed.

"Keep it up in your free program!"

"Yūri, that was awesome!" The triplets yelled in the background. No one could see the terrified expression on Yūri's face. "Good luck!"

"Awesome, awesome!"

~*~

Neither Viktor nor Y/n knew what to say about Yūri's sleep deprived look. The male had heavy bags under his eyes and looked like he could collapse any minute.

"I don't think this is a problem coffee could solve," Y/n said.

"Yūri, you haven't slept, have you?" Viktor asked.

"I-I-I did! A little bit, anyway."

The trio went back to the hotel. Viktor made Yūri lay down in the bed. Y/n let him use her eyemask before helping Viktor throw the blankets over Yūri's body.

"Nap until this evening's event starts," Viktor ordered. "It'll be fine. I always sleep in until the last minute before competitions too." Y/n had alrady fallen asleep, snoring softly. She curled up against Yūri. Viktor did the same, holding them both as he fell asleep.

"Viktor! Y/n! Did one of you set an alarm?!" Yūri asked panicked. He got no response from either of them.

~*~

"We're at the third evenf of the Grand Prix Final Series, the Cup of China. The men's singles free skate is about to start!"

Yūri's hand shook as he tried to open a water bottle. There was still a tired look in his eyes. "Huh? It won't open." Viktor stood a few feet back smiling. Y/n walked over with a large cup of coffee.

Viktor placed his hands on Yūri's shoulders. "Yūri were you unable to take a nap?" He asked.

"Huh?" Yūri shook his head frantically. "I did nap! I did!"

"Then why does it look like you stayed up all night binge watching anime?" Y/n asked.

"Uh..um.."

"I forbid you from doing jumps in th six-minute warm up," Viktor said.

"Huh?!"

"That's an order from your coach, Yūri."

Y/n took a sip of the hot drink, the caffine slowly waking her up. "You should've just took a nap."

"Now, in the second half of the event, Group 2 is taking the ice.

"If he flubs a jump during the warm-up, he may loose even more confidence, and it'd negatively impact his free skate," Viktor thought. "Yūri gets nervous easily." Beside him, Y/n was pestering Celestino.

"Please?"

"No."

"Just one. My birthday's coming up. It could be a gift."