Chapter 16

Drool dripped down the side of his mouth as Makkachin stared at a plate piled with wrapped steamed buns.

"Oh, geez, I still can't connect!" Minako complained. "Why won't they show the event live on TV?" She clicked repeatedly on her mouse until footage of Viktor, Y/n and Yūri appeared. Viktor was waving with a smile on his face. Y/n was talking to Yūri. "Oh, finally! It's already Yūri's turn!"

"Good luck Yūri!" The triplets cheered. Yuko pulled the blanket off them.

"Enough already!"

The crowd chanted Viktor's name even though he wasn't competing. "Katsuki Yūri was second place in the Cup of China with the power of love. What kind of performance will he give us here?"

Y/n hit the back of Viktor's head making him stop waving at the crowd to rub it. "Are you okay Yūri? You're a lot calmer compared to the Cup of China." Yūri grabbed her by her shirt and pulled her close. He gripped her chin gently tilting it up. Y/n's cheeks turned pink at the closeness.

"The performace has already begun, Y/n."

"Y-yeah..."

"Don't worry. I'll show my love to the whole world of Russia." Yūri skated away as his name was announced over the intercom. Y/n rested her hand against her cheek smiling softly.

"You okay?" Viktor asked.

"Mhm. Never better."

'That was so embarrassing. But before the crowd can intemidate me in enemy territory, I have to intimidate them!'

The music started. Yūri looked over his shoulder and puckered his lips as if he were giving a kiss. The judges gasped slightly.

"Japan's Katsuki Yūri, age 23. He's skating to "On Love "Eros." He's been beating his short program personal bests since the first event of the series. He'll need to finish fourth or higher to advance to th Grand Prix Final."

'If I lose at the Rostelecom Cup, this may become the last time I can skate this program with both Viktor and Y/n at my side as manager and coach. Maybe no one in Russia, or even the entire world wants me to win. Thinking that runs chills up my spine. I'm the only one who can change that world!'

"I guess Yūri is more motivated when he's competeing away where expectations are lower," Viktor thought. "At any rate, he's in his best form so far." He looked over at Y/n who seemed to be lost in her thoughts. She was constantly shifting the weight off her feet. "Y/n seems more nervous than Yūri is and she isn't even the one skating."

Lilia and Yakov held back the curtain for Yurio as he entered the rink.The audience applauded loudly for Yūri. He was executing his spins flawlessly.

"His first planned jump is a triple axel from a spread eagle." Like the other times, Yūri landed the jump beautifully. "A triple axel. Vey clean!" The judges watched intently. "A quadruple salchow."

"Yūri, amazing!" Y/n and Viktor clapped. Lilia talked quietly with Yurio.

"A quadruple toe loop, triple toe loop. He nailed the last combination too!"

"He's refined the program this much since the Hot Springs on Ice event, huh?" Yurio thought.

The audience's cheers rose after Yūri's final spin and became deafening once the routine ended. "Another flawless performance, following his last short program in the Cup of China! The crowd's giving him a standing ovation!"

"Yūri!" Viktor cheered.

Plushies and flowers were thrown on to the ice. Yūri waved to the crowd trying to catch his breath. 'My skating must've gotten my message across.'