Chapter 7- A new friendship

As I reached home I was utterly knackered.  I just felt like all the energy within was gone in a puff. We went inside and Fifi ran in with me at my side so instead of my usual routine I thought I'd socialise with my parents for once. I headed over to the living room and sat on the cold leather couch. Mum followed shortly after. "Oh, well this is a nice surprise" She said and I could sense her relief and happiness. Maybe she thought she had lost her daughter but hey I'm still here. "Do you want a cup of tea?" She asked and as it was cold out I said yes. I heard the crackling of the fire place telling me the room was going to heat up in a few moments.

We sat and talked about mum and her work for a while, she talked about some crazy client she had today who wanted her to fight their case of being innocent of having stolen a shit load of money from their mothers will; when all the evidence clearly pointed to that being false. "I'm telling ya, some crazy people out there" She laughed and I took a sip of my hot tea, petting fifi by my feet. 

"So,  go on..who is he?" She asked me. I knew exactly who she meant. Oh here we go. "who?" I asked,  leading her on. "You know, that boy, Harry?" she really was doing this wasn't she? "I told you he's a friend I met at music class, he's quite nice, I also made friends with a guy called Drake,  He's the sweetest person you'll ever meet." I decided to add Drake so she wouldn't mither me.

"Good to see you making friends. " She said, ending it at that. Good. "Yeh, I think these music lessons are really beneficial for me mum." I really did. I loved them and I'd never been happier. "I know sweetheart but you have to concentrate on your other subjects to, maths and English? Those are necessities, you need to have a back up plan too honey." she said. I knew she was right. There was a high chance I wouldn't even get a music career so I had to focus on maths and English,  even though I despised them both alot. "I think you should go to the maths and English classes too, I am busy sometimes you know."

"yeh I know." I sighed. This was gonna be hell.

Harry's P.O.V

As I finished my lunch I got a call from mum, "Hey Harry sweety I'm coming home early today, shall I get you something to eat?"

"I'm fine I've ate" I said, she must not have alot of work today. "Alright,  see you later bye" she said.

"bye mum" I said hanging up the phone.

I wonder what she had planned for my birthday this year,  it was my 16th and it was only a week away. Mum always had suprises up her sleeve. Last year she threw me a suprise party and Dad came to, she baked the cake herself, If I must say so myself, mum is the best cook in the world.

I checked the time, it was quarter to 5. I got my phone out and I had received a new text message from Miranda.  "Hey, just wanted to say the party's at  25 westgrove lane, at 6:30 be there. xx" Westgrove...pretty sure that was near randale drive, good. Cici would make it. I text her first. "hey Cici, this is Harry, from music lessons? Yeh well just wanted to say hi x" Pretty sure she knows who I am, why am I such a mong. I texted Dan the place and then Drake. I decided to watch some TV, maybe some fresh prince would do for now.

After talking to mum for a while I went to my room whilst dinner was cooking. Mum said dad would be working late tonight so it was just the two of us. I lay on my bed and got my phone out. "One new message." The annoying lady's voice sounded. It was harry, he just wanted to say hi. Okay. I texted him back saying "Hi, yes I know who you are Harry haha, how you doing? x" The lady read  the message back to me before sending it.  A reply came soon after.  "Nothing much, just watching some TV,  you? x" I didn't watch TV, there wasn't really any point to It for me was there? "oh cool, I'm just in my room, not much to do really haha x" this wasn't very exciting,  there wasn't much to talk about. I'd rather talk face to face.