Chapter 14

I woke up feeling awful, remembering again what had happened, what I had caused. On the postive side, mum had made pancakes and the rich, buttery aroma drew me in unvoluntarily to the kitchen my mouth watering.

As Mum drove me to class, I felt sick to the stomach. He hadn't spoken to me all week now, but I was too pathetic to confront him, to see where we stand as friends because he obviously didn't want to know me anymore. The only friend I seemed to have now was Drake,and something tells me if I tole him he'd still stay, because really; what actually is normal in our lives? Just about any fairytale ever written, or any myth spoken could have been real. Yet mine is some twisted, not so flattering, life style in which everything seems to not last so long.

"Is everything okay hunny?" Mrs Carter asked as I sat listening to Drake playing. Damn, I must be really easy to read, or it was just her, she saw right through me. "Yeh, just not one of the best days of mine" I sighed, half heartedly attempting to smile. "It's Harry isn't it?" she asked in a hushed whisper, slowly starting to rub soothing circles in the palm of my hand. There was no point lying to her, she always knew. "I've seen him act strange recently, he doesn't come over as much, much quiter too" she laughed. I didn't really know how much to tell her so I kept quite. "He'll come back." she said reassuringly, like she knew what had happened, but she obviously couldn't have, unless Harry told her...

I never thought of that. I asked him not to tell anyone but how could I know if he did or not? What if he told his group of friends, making me a laughing stock, or his mum, or even Drake? No Cici. He might not want to know me anymore but I know for sure Harry would never do that, no matter what the circumstance is.

I decided to let my mind wander, hear Mrs Carter chatter on about music she had been producing, or some funny video she'd seen. What I had noticed recentl is she had this warm, overwhelming glow radiating ever so brightly from her; a rich and pure feeling. So youthful yet..I couldn't really place my finger on it. Her usual soulful aroma was replaced by something new, fresh, healthy. She walked over to the other side of the classroom, no doubt to Harry, who's light seemed to be really mellow. 

If only he'd never noticed, or never asked then we would still be friends and he'd be here, we'd go to the forest tomorrow, sit in the secret meadow and listen for every sound. He said it was the place he didn't have to use his sight, and he could truly feel how I felt, so he could share the experience. He was a goof sometimes..most of the time but that's what made him Harry.

That day after my extra maths and english lessons I wanted to walk home, so mum agreed after some pleading, dropping fifi off for my security. I felt like I hadn't felt the fresh air in my lungs since forever so I let the cold breeze envelop me, as I made my way to my spot by the lake. I lay there for a while and wrapped in my coat I started to doze off, I heard fifi whimper in the cold and curl up huddling next to my side under my arm, but I was already too far into a state of unconsciousness.