Unbroken

*

"Mew," I hear Oli, my cat, say as he starts to knead the pillow next to my face.

"Hey boy," I whisper, trying not to be heard.

"Mew?" Oli replies. He then jumps from my bed to the dresser, as if reminding me that I have to go to hell in half an hour.

"Fine, fine," I say as I get up. Same routine as always.

***

"What are you wearing?!" My mother shouts as I walk past. "You know I hate it when you wear that... that... that... stuff!" She screams, pointing to my Suicide Silence shirt, Black Veil Brides leather jacket, and, of course, my Of Mice & Men bracelets.

"Clothing," I reply simply.

"And your FACE!" She spat.

"What about it?"

"You look like a raccoon! And your hair makes you look like you haven't cut it in months!"

Unable to stand it anymore, I run out of the house. Putting in my ear buds, I walk to the bus stop. Ever since my best friend, John Smith (Who I called J), moved away, I have been getting laughed at as I stand and wait.

"Fallen Angels" by Black Veil Brides comes on as the bus pulls up. i try my hardest to get on as discreetly as possible.

"Hey fag! Did mommy not have time to fix your make-up this morning?!" Someone screams. Another person throws a spitball in my hair.

"Get off the bus fag!"

"EWW! Don't touch! She might rub off on you!"

The chants go on. I try to fix my hair best I can.

Deystinie Starx comes up to me, leans down to see my face. She looks concerned. I get my hopes up thinking that she will apologize. "Why don't you just kill yourself, you little bitch?" she asks.

I turn, trying not to punch her right in the nose. "Unchained" by Blood on the Dance Floor comes on.

"I have the right to remain violent, Anything you say will be used to silence, So shut the fuck up! With your BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! Rip your face off like Texas chainsaw, Born into a world! That was turned against me, I turned into something they never thought I'd be, Fuck all this fame, You can have it back peace, Put my middle finger up, 'cause you don't own me"

The song continues. The bus pulls up to the place some people call school. To me, however, it's known as hell. I walk down the halls, hoping to get to Ms.Barakat's (A/N: I ACTUALLY HAVE A TEACHER NAMED THIS XD) classroom as soon as possible.

"Hey, Carter," Ms. B says as I walk in.

"Hey Ms.B," I respond. Ms.Barakat was the only one of my teachers on the first day of school who didn't constantly say "he" when hearing my name. She was also the only one not to look at me and sneer/pray/try to ward me off. Ever since J moved away, I have been spending my mornings and lunch with her. She and I like the same bands, so she and I will listen to them and chat.

"Sorry Carter, I have a meeting this morning," Ms. B said.

"Well, fuck," I reply, "on the day I need someone the most?"

"Sorry!" She says, "Here, can you deliver this for me?"

"Sure," I sigh, "Who is it to and what is it?" I ask.

"Ashley Paws, he should be in the courtyard somewhere. It is notes and work that he should look at."

"This is stuff from the beginning of the year."