Set the World on FIre

**TWO MONTHS LATER**

(CARTER’S POV)

“Carter?!” Ash yells up at me.  I run downstairs, worried.  “Can you get my stuff ready?” he asks.  I go upstairs and grab him a Black Veil Brides tee, the jeans I customized for him with the famous Penis GPS, his combat boots, eyeliner pencil, and hair straightener and hair spray.

“Now remember, I called Ashley’s war paint, so you get Jinxx!” I say, evilly laughing as I hand him his stuff.

“Whatever,” he says, rolling his eyes.  “We have to leave in half an hour to be at the front of the lines and get near the stage.”

“Okay, call me if you need help,” I say, kissing his cheek.                                                        

I run up to my room and put on my Black Veil Brides tee, ripped skinny jeans, and my combat boots.  I then walk to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup like Ashley Purdy’s. I throw on my BVB Rebels jacket. Once I finish, I walk downstairs to see that Ash was ready to go, but he is wearing Andy Biersack’s makeup, not Jinxx’s. 

“Very prophet-y Ash,” I say, laughing.

“Thank you very much,” he responds. I pat my back pockets, checking for my wallet and phone.  Unfortunately, Ash thought I was doing something different.

“Gah!” he said, laughing.

“Oh, shush,” I say, laughing and rolling my eyes.  “Come on, in the car you go!”

***

(((WHEN I PUT ‘ASHLEY’ ASHLEY PURDY IS TALKING.  I USE ASH WHEN ASHLEY PAWS IS TALKING!!)))

After about an hour of driving, we reach the building in which the concert will be held.  We get to be some of the first in line.  We hurry and get a spot right next to the stage.  After the opening act, the guys walked in, CC first, Andy last.  Andy looked over and saw me and Ash and smiled. 

They played “In the End” first.

“IINNNDDIIIAANNNSS! AS YOU FADE INTO THE NIGHT!!” Ash and I screamed at the same time. 

They then played Perfect Weapon, Shadow’s Die, Wretched and Divine, Rebel Love Song, and then they finished it off with The Mortician’s Daughter.  Ash wrapped his hands around me and we stood there, swaying back and forth to the rhythm of the music.

***

We walked over to the signing tent and got in line.

“Hey!” Andy said as he signed some posters.  “You guys are-“

“The less-gay version of Andley!” Ashley Purdy interrupted.

“Oh… I… uh…” I stuttered, unsure what to say.

“I’m Ashley, and this is my girlfriend, Carter,” Ash said, motioning to me as he said the last part.

“Aww!” Andy said.  “But now the nickname doesn’t fit!” he pouted.

I was still too nervous to say anything.  I was meeting my heroes! The men that saved my life!

“Oh well! She still has on Andy’s makeup, and you have mine, so I am counting it!” Ashley said to us.  He then walked around singing, “Andley, Andley, Andley...”

“Gah.  Ignore him,” Jinxx said, rolling his eyes.  I laughed.

The rest of the guys signed our posters.  I reached out to grab them as my sleeve slipped up.  I wasn’t wearing any bracelets, so my arm was completely visible.  Along with all of the thin, silver scars.

“Oh, shit,” I muttered.  Andy grabbed my arm as I tried to pull away.  He grabbed my arms and pulled up my sleeves. 

“Why?” Andy asked me, tears in his eyes.  “Why would a beautiful girl like you be cutting your wrists?”

“Long story,” I said.  I looked at Ash.  I had never explained to him why, he just knew that I did.

“Did you know?” Ashley asked him.

“Yes, but I have been trying to help her get better,” Ash explained to him.

I started to cry.

“Sh,” Jake said, he and CC started to hug me, next thing I know, I have all six guys hugging me, trying to soothe me.

“Carter, I want you to stop this, okay?” Andy said after Ash pulled him and Ashley over, probably explaining some of my past and telling them everything else.  

“No more cutting, keep eating,” Ashley said, wrapping me in a hug.  “Your boyfriend has our numbers and will tell us,” He said, holding me at arm’s length and staring me in the eyes.  “Please, stop,” he said, hugging me again.  Next thing I knew, all six guys were hugging me again.

“I promise, I will try,” I told them all.  “I will try.”

“Text us if you need anything,” Jinxx told me.

“Ash, can I talk to you, please?” Ashley and Andy asked.  I stayed with Jake because Jinxx and CC decided to go back to the signing table.

***

(ASHLEY’S POV)

“What’s up, guys?” I asked as they led me behind the tent. 

“Take care of her.  If something where to happen to you, or her, I don’t think she would be okay,” Andy said.

“Yeah, I know,” I said, explaining what happened to put both of us in the casts.

“Ok, good, I was going to ask, but didn’t want to be rude,” Andy said.

“Take care of her,” Ashley repeated.  “Find her box and chuck it out the window.”

“I already did that a few months ago, I took the box that had over fifteen in them,” I explained.

“Keep an eye on her and check in with us,” Ashley said to me.

“Alright,” I say, walking back over to Carter.

“Ready to go?” I ask. 

“Yeah,” she said, still crying.  Jake was trying to soothe her when I came out.  I walked over to her and hugged her, not wanting to ever let go.  When had she started again? She had been clean all last month!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDITED 4/29/14