I Am Bulletproof

(The next day)

“Fuck,” I heard Carter groan from outside the bus.

“What’s wrong kitty?” I asked as I walked in the UO bus.  Ash and the rest of BVB went to go check the stage before our set.

“Gah, girl things,” she said adding emphasis on ‘things’.

“Ah,” was all I said.  I went over and handed her a painkiller and some water.

“Thanks.  Chris, will you go to the store with me? Ash and Meri aren’t here right now and I don’t want to go by myself,” she said, looking up at me from where she was seated on the couch.

“Sure,” I said.  I held my hand out and helped her up.  We walked over to the Walmart that was across the street.

“Thank you Chrissy,” she said as we walked out.  “I know it must be awkward for you, it always is for Ash, but-“

“Stop, Kitty.  It’s fine, really.  And if someone is awkward when helping a friend get her stuff then he needs to grow up,” I said and chuckled.  “Want to get some Starbucks?” I asked pointing to the Starbucks that was right next to the Walmart.

“Sure.  You know what?” she asked, looking at me.

“Hm?” I asked.

“I’ve never, uh, actually had Starbucks before,” she said, rubbing her arms nervously.

“What!?  How could you have never had Starbucks?”  I questioned.

“I don’t know, my parents and grandparents always said it was a waste of money.”

“Well, it’s not,” I said and smiled.  We got to the store and I opened the door for her.  We got several stares.  I was used to it by now.  A little girl came up to us.

“Why is your face like that?” she asked, pointing at my and Carter’s piercings.

“I like it,” Carter said.

“I think you look weird,” the girl said.  She had to be seven at least.

“Well, I like it and I like to paint my body,” Carter said, motioning to her tattoos.

“Whatever,” the girl said as she walked away.

“Kids,” Carter muttered.

“Yup,” I said.

“Gah, I don’t know what to get,” she whispered to me, looking at the menu.

“I don’t know, what do you want,” I said, jokingly.

“I’ve never been here before asswipe!” she whisper-yelled and poked me.

“Whatever,” I said and rolled my eyes, laughing.   I walked over to the lady at the counter.  She hadn’t taken her eyes off of us the entire time. “Two caramel Frappuccino, please,” I said to her.

“Name?” she asked.

“Chrissy,” Carter said.  I rolled my eyes and laughed.

“You dork,” I said as we walked away from the counter.  We walked over to a seat by the window. 

“Excuse me?” a boy, he looked about 15, asked.  He was wearing an Unbroken Outcasts shirt and had MIW, SWPB, PTV, SWS, BVB, and SS bracelets.  He had black hair that hung in his face and snake bites.

“Yes?” Carter said.

“I’m a huge fan! I love your song ‘Screaming’ it really helped me stop,” he said as he pushed up his bracelets.