Resurrect the Sun

We got in Ashley’s car with Meri.  Ashley drove with Meri in the passenger seat and Ash and I in the back seat.

“Go ahead and put some music on, Meri,” Ashley told her.

“Oh, no! Ash! Cover your ears!” I say laughing.

“Very funny, Cart,” Meri said as she put her iPod on shuffle.  A Justin Bieber song came on and I saw Ashley frown a little as Ash and I plugged in our ear buds and listened to Snow White’s Poison Bite.

We got to the restaurant and walked in.  Andy and the others were already there.

“Reservations for Biersack,” Andy said to the man.  He looked at each of us a sneered.  Lovely.

“Right this way,” He said, walking quickly as if hoping not to be seen helping us.

“Dick,” CC whispers under his breath.  Everyone starts to giggle.  We get seated right next to a window. 

“Holy shit,” I say.

“What? Is something wrong?” Ash asks me.

“No, I just realized, we are on a group date with Black Veil Brides! How the fuck does this shit happen?!” I ask, gesturing around the table.

“I have no answer, I’m as surprised as you,” Ash said.

“Knock it off you two, you have all managed to be a part of this crazy family! You should be happy! And a bit worried…” Jinxx said, trailing off with a smile.  We all sit and order.  I don’t think we will be allowed back there.  Let’s just say that CC may or may not have mange to break his plate and cup trying to show off to the rest of us.

“I love you, Carter,” Ash says to me as we walk to Ashley’s car. 

“I love you, too, Ashley,” I say as I hug him.

***

(ASHLEY PAW’S POV)

The ride back was… well… no words can describe it.  Ashley turned on his iPod and the first song to come on would be none other than “Sex and Hollywood” by, of course, Black Veil Brides.  Carter laid her head on my shoulder. 

“Go to sleep,” I whisper as I kiss her cheek.

“I can’t,” she said.  I knew why.  She hasn’t been able to sleep in a car since the accident.

“That’s okay, I will be right here.  But, really, sleep if you want to, I will protect you, no matter what,” I tell her, kissing her head.  Next thing I know, she is sound asleep, her head resting on my chest.  That’s weird.  She never falls asleep that fast, even if she is that tired.  Hm.  She must be really tired, but still.  She seemed to almost fall over and pass out.  Did she have alcohol? No, she had Dr. Pepper, that normally keeps her up until AT LEAST one. 

I decide to let it go and listen to the music.  “Pin Up” by Evans Blue comes on. 

“You're not the first girl

To draw her fears on her arms

In hopes to capture

All the memories that hunted you down

You can sew your lips shut

With your heart strings

Cause God knows that you don't need them to hold yourself together

But don't look down because I don't know

Falling is fatal from this height I know

I should have never held you up

This high, this high

You're not the first girl

To cut her fears in her arms

Then let them trickle down

Past memories to pools in your hands

You can hang yourself with your heartstrings

Cause I know you won’t use them to hold yourself up anymore

But don't look down because I don't know

Falling is fatal from this height I know

I should have never held you up

This high, this high

Pull the needle from the back of my wings

Pull the needle, pull the pin from my picture

From my picture

And I will fall to the floor

But you have to pull yourself together

But don't look down because I don't know

Falling is fatal from this height I know

I should have never held you up

This high, this high

This high, this high”

I can’t help but think of Carter whenever this song comes on.  We start to pull up into my driveway when I start to wake Carter.

“Carter,” I sing, kissing her nose.  She doesn’t wake up. “Carter?” I say, worried.  She is usually such a light sleeper.  “Carter?” I say, in full panic.

“What’s wrong?” Meri asks.

“Carter won’t wake up!” I say, tears starting to stream down my face.

“It’s okay, she is probably just really tired,” Meri tells me.

“No! Fuck! She never is this hard to wake up!” I say, close to yelling.

“Ashley! Calm down dude!” Ashley tells me, pulling the car in.

“No! Ash, drive us to the hospital!” I say loudly, hoping to wake her up.

***

(CARTER'S POV)

“That’s okay, I will be right here.  But, really, sleep if you want to, I will protect you, no matter what,” I hear Ash say.  I then lay my head on his chest, smiling and trying to contain my joy.  Next thing I know, I can’t move.

“Ash!” I want to scream.  I can’t move, Hell, I can’t feel my… anything!

“Carter,” Ash says, I feel him kiss my nose.  “Carter?” He says worried.  I want to wake but I can’t!  “Carter?” He says in full panic.  No! Don’t panic! Why can’t I move and say that I’m alright?!

“What’s wrong?” I hear Meri ask, concerned.

“Carter won’t wake up!” Ash says, his voice quivering like he was crying. Don’t cry!

“It’s okay, she is probably just really tired,” Meri tells him, trying to soothe him.

“No! Fuck! She never is this hard to wake up!” He says, almost yelling.

“Ashley! Calm down dude!” I hear Ashley tell him.

“No! Ash, drive us to the hospital!” he says loudly.  No!

I then regain the feeling in my body. 

“Ash!” I say, hugging him.

“Carter! What happened?!” He asks, concerned.

“I don’t know! I went to lay on your chest, really happy, and then I can’t move! I could still hear you though!” I say, crying.  That’s when I collapsed.