Rebel Love Song

*

(CARTER’S POV)

The rest of the day went by pretty fast, probably because I couldn’t stop thinking of Ashley.

The way his fresh green eyes sparkled when he spoke, how his hands went into his pockets whenever he blushed, the way that we could talk about music together and know everything that we were speaking of…

Just… he is perfect… too bad he probably doesn’t like me…

***

(ASHLEY’S POV)

I was in language class, then next thing I know I am walking to the bus ready to go home.

I guys I couldn’t stop think about Carter.  The way her icy blue eyes seem to melt with warmness, how she crosses her feet when she stands, and who could forget how cute she looks with her nose ring in…

Just… she is perfect…. Too bad she probably doesn’t like me….

***

(((TWO AND A HALF WEEKS LATER)))

(CARTER’S POV)

I curse myself on the way to the bus for forgetting my viola in the orchestra room.  As I walk back, I listen to “Miserable at Best” by Mayday Parade.

“Because these words were never easier for me to say, Or her to second guess, But I guess, That I can live without you but, Without you I'll be miserable at best, You're all that I hoped I'd find, In every single way, And everything I could give, Is everything you couldn't take, Cause nothing feels like home, you're a thousand miles away, And the hardest part of living, Is just taking breaths to stay”

Knowing that the orchestra room would be empty, I started to sing along as soon as I walked in.

“Oh. My. God,” someone says from behind me. “Your voice! It’s fucking awesome!!!”

“Shit. Ashley?! What are you doing in here?!” I demanded.

“I play the violin, I had to pick it up to go home with,” he replied.

“Oh, you play the violin?” I ask. “Like Jinxx?”

“Sure, maybe not as good, but yeah,” he replies, shrugging. “What are you doing in here?”

“Grabbing my viola before I have to go to hell,” I reply, also shrugging.

“It’s that bad, huh?” He asks, leading me to the bench by the piano.

“Yeah,” I reply, sadly.

“Well, I need help on my homework tonight, if you are available,” he asks, his beautiful green eyes staring into mine. 

“I… uh… yeah… sure… um.”

“Great!” he exclaims, jumping off the bench.  “Which instrument is yours?”

“That one,” I say, pointing to the pure black case with the Black Veil Brides pentacharm logo drawn on it in chipping silver sharpie.  Ashley grabs it for me, then reaches for my hand as we walk to his bus.

 We pass Deystinie on the way to his bus. The moment she sees us walking past, holding hands, she starts to sing, very loudly and off-key, “Emo love, emo love…”

Ashley lets me on the bus first, and there is only one bench left for us.  We have to squeeze together. Both of us, two instruments, and two-fully loaded-backpacks. 

***

(ASHLEY’S POV)

I can’t believe this.  I am sitting next to the girl of my dreams.  I even got her to hold my hand again, and she is coming over to my house!!!!